Searching...
Solution

Re: Can I speak with someone in Australia?

Ray_YC

Disappointing to hear that, @Stupot

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.

If not or if for some reason it is still not resolved, please follow our complaints process.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Stupot

unfortunately I have already followed the optus complaints process several times for a couple of months

finally got someone to call me back last night and as usual I have to pay a technician upfront to prove that it is not a problem in my house and that it is an NBN or OPTUS issue. once I have proven that it is an OPTUS issue i was informed that OPTUS will not reimburse me my out of pocket expenses   

Margaret911

Cudos to you!  I am disgusted with Optus after being a customer for years..... there customer service has hit rock bottom.  I have had a problem with my nbn not working properly now  since December, I am a lady and was verbally abused by an extremely rude intimidating Indian man when I tried to explain my problem..... he refused to put me through to his supervisor (doing the, I will put you on hold for hours until you hang up trick, so he didn’t look bad) I’ve gone into the Optus shops almost in tears with desperation where they say they can’t help you and you have to call India..... I’ve had them promise to call me back and not do do....the list goes on and on.....as well as being overcharged and not processing promised credits.  I am being forced like many others to leave Optus because they just can’t provide any decent service..or help....or even care ....I think we all want to see the Indian call centres abolished....and I am NOT racist,  but have had enough abuse, and no service! 

Margaret911

I actually am struggling to believe that is true?  Why do ALL our calls end up in India and never oz of Phillipines??  Optus stores should be able to put you through to Australia, but even they can’t.  I am yet to ever get to speak to an Australian and don’t want to deal with Indians anymore who are either abudive, you can barely understand, they don’t know how to deal with the issues you have, and just give you lip service or make promises they don’t keep?  Pick your game up Optus, most of us aussies are fed up and beyond frustrated with the poor to atrocious service.....and I say that as politely as possible.

Margaret911

Here here, you summed it up nicely and I couldn’t agree more!  Optus has become a failure.   After years of being with Optus, I too have had enough like MANY OTHER PEOPLE who now feel the only solution is to leave and go with Telstra or elsewhere.      I am no longer recommending Optus to people...sad really. GIVE PEOPLE THE OPTION TO HAVE THEIR PROBLEMS DEALT WITH IN AUSTRALIA OPTUS!

Ray_YC

Hi,

Contacting the options I replied with earlier in this thread will provide the result you're after.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

NotSunnyToday

Same frustration here. 

They just don't like to work. 

And the company seems not care. 

Totally leaving Optus after this issue. 

And will never recommend anyone Optus. 

Cannot activate my sim for four days.

And nobody will do.

Give me 4 hours waitung and after that 48hours.

And now what?

Will refund SiM to the placr I bought.

And will report it to ACCC.

There should be more things to do on easter holiday than waiting and fraustrating. 

Really, not a racist I cannot be I'm an asian by myself. 

But never trust that country people and never count on their saying. 

Good luck Optus. 

It can be cheaper to use outside engineer team. 

But please keep eyes on are they really working. 

As you are holding my phone number on the process I may cannot use my number again. 

Really suffering poor service. 

Nobody actually work and they think it is being smart to do that. 

You make your own impression by doing this to people. 

When Australian customer service guy told me that it won't take any minutes cause it is not usual case but outside country service guy hold me for 47hours so far and keep telling me wait they left the note, they put it in the urgent issue. 

It is joke on me. 

Don't say people are racist. 

You know where it comes from.

Never want to stay in Optus ever.

NotSunnyToday

YESSSSS!!!

Call them.

They said call 1300 555 002 and press option 1.

It is auto reply.

Good! They got me. Played well.

I called them again. 

Now they said I have to wait 5day!!!!

Good!!

No phone connection in easter holiday!!!

And 5days later and then what???

Awesome as Flower!!

Cannot waut 5days!!

Maybe 1 year!

Maybe until I die. 

Thank you, Optus!

Highlighted

GeoffreyL

"however it is not possible to route a call to any paticular country"

Well they should be. Optus IS an Australian Company, it may be owned by Singtel, but it operates in Australia. We deal with the Optus shops, which I believe are franchises, mainly staffed by Indians or Chinese, who in most cases don't want to know you once you have concluded the deal and they get their money, or we have to face a long wait on hold to finally speak to someone who in a lot of cases can't be understood because they have very heavy accents, and usually have to refer the case to a "technical department" who are not much better and to whom you have to repeat your problem yet again even though that problem should be up on the screen. People may call this racist but we pay good Aussie Dollars to an Australian firm, we deserve better service. And the trouble is, Tel$tra and Vodafone aren't much better.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

GeoffreyL

But don't forget to pay your bill on time.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
62 Kudos
41 Kudos
32 Kudos
31 Kudos
16 Kudos