cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

Leeg75
New Contributor
New Contributor

Can I re-assign my email to another account and Keep my email address

Hi - I have to disable my NBN acount, and am told I will lose my Optus Email account. I have Optus tellign me I will lose it Immediately - but then I notice on this forum there seems to be soem talk about I will lose it in 90 days. I asked Optus if when its disabled, my parents (who use optus), can create a secondary account for me - with exactly the same name as I have today (for obvious reasons). I was told this CAN happen after my account is disabled. This is great - but im not sure that fact is as easy as Thoery. has anyone done it??

0 Kudos
4 Replies
onestepchris
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Can I re-assign my email to another account and Keep my email address

Hey, 

Yeah, you are correct. You have 90 days to still use the email and it is also possible for them to transfer your email from one account to another. They just need to set your primary email to a child email (secondary). 

Cheers. 

Chris. 

0 Kudos
Leeg75
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks - so it does work then. I was just thinking that my old email address would have left a footprint somewhere on the may backend servers/devices/lists, that when my parents re-create it for me....it will say it already exists?

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

(For obvious reasons) its not a good idea to rely on a ISP email address.

While it looks like you've got an option here, I suggest you start migrating contacts across to an agnostic account (gmail?). It is free and can be set up to grab all incoming emails to your optus address. As you tell people your new address and migrate other services across to the new address the emails going to the optus account should drop to zero over a few months.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
onestepchris
Contributor
Contributor

If the email is still active under your name, and you ask your parents to re-create the same email under their account then Optus processing the reuqest will get an error message that the username or the email is not available and that they need to choose another one. Peter is actually right, best to use online emails such as gmail, yahoomail, etc. 

0 Kudos