Searching...
Accepted Solution

Can I please be upgraded.

Breided

I'm on the oldschool $2 a day sim card y'know... the good one with unlimited data, I have tried numerous times over the last few years to upgrade to 4g at an extra cost, I use the sim in my personal and professional life, I'm constantly told yes we can do that. But to no avail my sim is still stuck to 3g, and recently the cost increased to $3 a day not much I know but considering theres text delays, missed calls that dont come through at all, and slow data, yes some unlimited data compared to no data is good but why am i paying more for a degraded service? I'd happily pay $4 or $5 a day for unlimited 4g or 5g eventually. 

I mean if it isn't able to happen. Full stop. I'd rather just be told that instead of waiting for a change that doesnt happen, and lose productivity yknow?

I've been with optus since my first mobile phone the good ole indestructible Nokia brick phones and I'd like to stay here. I use the service if I'm paying more regardless I'd rather pay for a decent rig as opposed to a degraded service.

Re: Can I please be upgraded.

Davelew

Hi

From what you say I would have thought you would be better off with a 12 month contract plan. Optus are selling some really good value plans and you may be tempted by their $35 offering.  Unlimited calls and texts plus 30 GB of data.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/mobile/phones/sim-only?SID=con:mhome:tog:2:feb17:simbyo:

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Breided

I have an aversion to planned contracts as I travel internationally. There probably is something better out there. But i absolutely love what i have, I could just love it alot more if it was current. πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

Breided

I have an aversion to planned contracts as I travel internationally. There probably is something better out there. But i absolutely love what i have, I could just love it alot more if it was current. 

Highlighted
Solution

[ Edited ]
Davelew

Hi

I understand your aversion to contacts and this will most likely be of no interest to you but here goes.

When I was traveling back and forth to England I wish this had been available:. A new premium phone, unlimited Australian calls, international calls and texts to 35 countries, plus roaming overseas with 4gb of days and unlimited calls to zone 1 countries:

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/mobile/phones/samsung/galaxy-s9

Drawback is a 24 month contact.

Edit. Many to add for $106.25 per month

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Breided

I mean that would be good if I had any other sim card prepaid plan, but this one gives me unlimited international calls also, not ALL countries but the ones I visit definitely. 

Davelew

It was the calls back to Australia and in the visited country I would have been interested in. Saves buying a local SIM .

But I'm not a salesman for Optus and you need to take all your circumstances into consideration.

Hopefully an Optus moderater will pick this up with @Dan_C usually very helpful.  It might well be worth you dropping him a PM with your full name, date of birth and your service number to see if he can help sort this out for you.

Breided

Awesome!!! Thankyou very much!! Fingers crossed haha

Davelew

Another thought, and my last, as I have to start cooking tonight's dinner.

It might be worth popping into an optus store and requesting a new SIM card to enable 4g. They can activate the card with your phone number and I would have thought that would allow 4g coverage.

In my simple mind that should work but I could well be wrong.

Dan_C

Cheers for the heads up @Davelew

Welcome to the forum @Breided Smiley Happy

Essentially, what you're asking for is the option to jump onto a 4G enabled version of the $3 a day rate plan?

I see that you've mentioned that you're even be willing to pay a little extra. 

It's a bit of a tough one, especially when it comes to a prepaid service. We can't tailor or build specific offers, there's no option to make any changes on the back-end. All plan inclusions are hardcoded, it's not built from separate components as is usually the case with the post-paid service. 

Unfortunately, all I can really suggest is a current in-market offer. 

Do you have a rough idea of how much data you tend to use each month? 

Our  Optus Prepaid Epic Data Plan incudes unlimited international calls and a set value of extras credit that can be used whilst roaming. 

Depending on the amount you recharge, you can receive up to 60GB per month (not including any bonus data that we're offering on your first 3 recharges). 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
68 Kudos
52 Kudos
41 Kudos
25 Kudos