Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Can I block numbers sending me sms on my optus mobile broadband internet device

I get spam sms messages on my optus mobile internet device...can I block the numbers sending me this spam ?..if so how ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Can I block numbers sending me sms on my optus mobile broadband internet device

Hi Ronnie123,

What's an example of the spam SMS?

Optus cannot block an individual number from calling or texting you 

You can report scams, phishing attempts or other hoaxes to the ACCC's Scamwatch website.  

Please also see our help and support page: Stop unwelcome nuisance calls or messages

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Can I block numbers sending me sms on my optus mobile broadband internet device

My Question was can I block a number from sending me messages on my Optus mobile internet device.

I didn't ask if Optus can do it.

I can block a number on my phone so can I do it on the mobile internet device ?

Giving an example of the messages I get will achieve nothing as will reporting them to scam watch.

It's a simple question that only needs a Yes you can do it and here's how ....or a No you cannot do it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

No, not that I'm aware of.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Ok ..thanks
0 Kudos