Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor rdrrrdrrr
Occasional Contributor

Re: Call Divert: Landline vs NBN Phone

Hi @ZeeD,
See my update on my other "Call Diversion" thread about this issue.
0 Kudos
New Contributor Pawhouse
New Contributor

Re: Call Diversion issue on Optus Home Phone via NBN.

We have the same problem as ZeeD describes so well. 

When using *78 number to temporarily divert our fixed nbn optus line to an Optus mobile phone, we only hear the mobile ring about 3-4 times and don't make it most of the time. 

It's a business line so its important not to miss those calls. Thank goodness for Caller ID so we can call them back.

I'm hoping an Optus rep willreply to this thread as I DO NOT want to sit on the phone forever, get shafted from one CSO to another and have the phone broken like they did on a previous occasion.

cheers

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Re: *78 Call Diversion issue on Optus Home Phone via NBN is broken

Hi @Dan_C , @ZeeD , @Pawhouse 

Latest "Update" from the "Case Manager"

*78 diversion is broken and does not work.   It will be fixed in the next month or so!!!!!

How many years have Optus been putting NBN customers onto a broken phone system? 

Gimme a break!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

While they are fixing *78 @Dan_C , maybe you can point them to all the other broken call features that have been mentioned in this forum.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor ZeeD
Occasional Contributor

Hi @rdrrr,

I'm glad they have at least admitted that the *78 feature is broken.....that's a start.
I have persisted in trying to get them to fix this problem and to cut a long story short, the *78 feature is now working much better on my phone after speaking to my case manager this afternoon.........this evening I tested this diversion feature and it is working. Hooray!!
However, the two dial tone prompts do not sound after dialling *78 but the diversion will still be set for which ever number you enter after it.
The dial prompts I can work around and the ring time has now been extended, the most important criteria, not sure what the maximum time is but I have set my mobile to divert to voicemail after 20 seconds and that gives me more time to answer the call or my voicemail will now be activated.
I am expecting to receive another call tomorrow from my case manager for feedback on this issue.

I'd be curious to know if any of you having this issue can test this *78 diverting feature and let me know if it's now also working for you?

All the best!
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

@ZeeD 

After the CSO told me it was not working,  she set the diversion I mainly use on the "back end" it seemed to work, so I'm somewhat reluctant to mess with it the moment.

Before that however, I tried to use the website . . . unsuccessfully.   I'll give them a month and then try again.

There was a little old lady with a sick husband on the radio this morning complaining about Optus NBN phone service.  Look like they are not really in control of their technology,  or rather the people they have are not.  Sad really,  for a company like Optus.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi rdrrr,

My *78 feature still works ok after they fixed it a few days ago, so an incoming call is diverted directly to my mobile without ringing landline phone and I have at least 20 secs to pick up the call on my mobile or it's picked up by my mobile's voicemail, the only features that don't work as it used to is the one ring on my landline first before the diversion and the dial tone prompts when you dial *78 to switch on and #78 to switch it off.

When I switch off this diversion, my landline will ring 6-8 times and if no answer it is then still diverted to my mobile and still picked up by my mobile's voicemail if not answered within the 20 secs that I've set it to.

Yes, using website to make changes I think still very unreliable, best to call optus directly.

I'm assuming you have the diversion in place where your landline rings a few times first before being diverted to your mobile?

I believe if you want to try the *78 feature it should still be ok to check if it's working for you, if not you should be able to switch it off with the #78 and the system should just go back to what you have set up now, ie. what the "back end" have set up for you.

Yes, these CSO's keep blaming NBN Co for their issues and not under their control, I have no idea who is to blame, but perhaps they should talk to each other more and resolve the issues a little quicker, it's now been a few good years since many of these problems have surfaced.......
0 Kudos
Contributor ColinHarry
Contributor

How do you turn it off?
Is that available manually?
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

If you want to switch off your *78 diversion, just dial #78 and wait a few seconds and hang up.

If you want to switch off your permanent voicemail/diversion, you need to call optus or you may try through your optus online account.

0 Kudos
Contributor ColinHarry
Contributor

Thanks, ZeeD..

Now all we need to know is this..

How do we get Optus to inform us when they decide to "call divert" our 'phone?

Sure it will be easy to reverse their decision. Just ring Help!

But how can one prevent Optus from forcing a "call divert" when it has not been asked for or wanted?

Any clues on this, ZeeD. No one else seems to know.

0 Kudos