cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Call Divert: Landline vs NBN Phone

Hi Colin,

Not exactly sure I understand what's happening, but if you don't want call diversion or voicemail, optus should be able to switch it off permanently for you, but you need to ask for that or you may be able to do it online through your account......
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

To understand..you probably need to read my previous stuff.

Pretty boring but in a nutshell:

Three times now over the past year or so I have suddenly noticed that our Home Phone is not a-ringin' .

Found out from HELP that Call diversion was set to be on.

Wasn't requested by us.

Optus of course fixed it. But they caused it too.

And this happened again a few weeks later and now, last week it happened again.

We did NOT ask for any Call divert to be set.

Very inconvenient, I'm sure you would agree.

It appears that Landline 'Phones (NBN) require you to test regularly to check that the line actually works as paid for.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ray_YC I also suffer the same problem as the original post here. We have been on the phone to Optus many times to different people and a couple of months ago the customer service person said they could not fix it. What!! We've been using *78 call divert since 2010, even after we changed over to NBN , but now it doesnt work properly. It is now April 2020. Please provide an update on the progress of fixing this issue.
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: *78 Call Diversion issue on Optus Home Phone via NBN is broken

Still not fixed. I'm ready for the TIO
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes indeed. Do it. Do the TIO thing.

I started this thread trying to get Call Diversion working as advertised. It took weeks to get a subscriber controlled diversion via *78 to work properly for me.  I had to go the TIO route to get any action.   I would get calls from the "support" case manager asking ME if it was fixed!!!???   He would call,  then immediately on hold for three minutes to look up and read the case records.  Really annoying!  I think there is some king of bug between the Website control of diversion and the *78 inband control, but how would I know?

My Optus number is currently diverted to a real VoIP provider, and I'm too afraid to touch it in case I can't restore the diversion.

Best of luck getting it to work.  You need patience. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Please do as this problem has been around for some years now and it has affected many people and businesses that need to use this *78 divert feature.

I had great trouble setting it up again after moving to the NBN but the feature does not work as well as it used to...........

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Call Diversion issue on Optus Home Phone via NBN.

We have the exact same problem
Since NBN, diversion from or business landline to our mobile phone rings twice then hangs up.

The though if having to deal with Optus on this fills us with stomach churning dread.

Considering that it’s the only remnant lifeline to our business which the Victorian government has locked us out off, its costing us dearly.

We note that no one writing is, has any joy getting this resolved.

We also have the issue when diverting that the diversion prompts stop when we need to enter the diversion number.

You more attention from Telco’s when you calm as a new client. I don’t think they care much about existing clients.
And they are all the same in this regard.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

You have my sincerest sympathy.   Contact the TIO.  You will then get a "case manager" who will try to make this work, but not succeed.   It is truely pathetic that Optus can't make this relatively simple feature work.   Good luck and God bless. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @JonL77,
Thank you for raising this issue.
Please note that we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd.
If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.
If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button

0 Kudos