cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Naadje1406
New Contributor

Re: Cable wifi dropouts on Apple MBP 15

After reading all the issues above and below my post I doubt that makes a difference.... as I've spend so much time on the phone with Optus already to set our package up in the first place, I'm dreading calling. 

I'll be in touch eventually, but I need to build up some energy to do so.... I agree with the person below: it's such a wide spread issue, it must be a bigger problem solvable from your end. 

I can tell you it more often happens when somebody else uses the internet in the house too, but not always and ONLY on MY Mac, not on my husband's mac. 

New Contributor Leony
New Contributor

Hi guys - thanks for the replies - I see things keep happening (intermittently of course) and that there's no improvement.

Indeed, I haven't bothered with tech support because as you've suggested, I can already predict the way the experience will go. There is nothing wrong with the internet, there is nothing wrong with the macbook -it IS an incompatibility issue between the modem and the 2015 macbook, as the many many users above and across the internet have repeatedly explained.

I have found a work around - which may not be available to others - I have an old iMac which I have now connected up to the modem. I then shared the internet connect of the iMac and my macbook connects up AND STAYS CONNECTED NO PROBLEM to the internet through the iMac. This isn't ideal of course, as I'm running two computers, one of which is on purely because of Optus' inability to provide macbook-compatible equipment, but it is allowing me to do my work which makes my clients and me happier. If you needed an example to demonstrate that this problem lies in the connection between netgear and macbooks, then you couldn't get more perfect evidence. 

Optus, please don't suggest to me that I spend my time calling tech services. If one of your lovely staff is present enough to read this explanation, then I would suggest that one of your lovely Optus staff should be instigating the investigation, not the frustrated client. 

Good luck to all those above. I hope you as gifted a remedy soon - ether from Optus or another provide with non-netgear modems.

RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Hey Guys! More than happy to send your details through to our level 2 case management team for them to have a bit more of a look into this and see if they can provide any further support or options. Just need you to send through via PM your full name, DOB and the Internet username or your Optus account number as well as your best contact number.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Naadje1406
New Contributor

Done.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Cheers @Naadje1406 - I have your info here, I'll chat with you further via PM Smiley Happy

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor J-H
Occasional Contributor

Done.

0 Kudos
New Contributor steve99
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

can anybody tell me how the story ended? I know it's 11 months later, but recently I experienced the same problem on *several* Apple laptops (2017 Mac Book, 2017 Mac Book Air) while others are working fine (2015 Mac Book Pro). Constant dropouts.

It's extremely anoying.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
New Contributor neomirph
New Contributor

I would like to know as well.

I have adsl and get constant wifi issues with my apple macbook and iphone.

However my android is working fine.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Maurina0
New Contributor

Why is this still an issue years later?

What is the resolution Optus? I am about to disconnect this 3 week old connection and move to Telstra. Had enough. None of the apple devices in the house work, drop outs every 2 minutes. Tried changing the channel. 

Have an apple airport connected to the Netgear cm500V modem, and still experiencing constant dropouts, impossible to do any work. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors