cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Contributor theprofessional
Contributor

Cable to NBN rollover

i am currently on $90 cable service i got a letter saying that NBN is enbale in my area and i would like to know

if i swith over to NBN do i have to start a new contract if my cable service is no longer on a contract 

my cable service we be discounted by 1st november 2017 if i do not change over

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cable to NBN rollover

Yes, you have to have a new contract as it is a new service.  You can ask for any money left on your old cable account to be rolled over into your new account.

-Think carefully about the speed you want and how much download you want.

-You will get a new Sagecom modem that is an "AC" modem.  Basically it allows 2.4 Ghz (the old system) and 5Ghz wifi.  5 Ghz doesn't travel as far as the old system BUT the speeds you get are phenominal...almost the same as a direct ethernet connection.  If you decide to take advantage of 5Ghz you'll need to buy a new internet adaptor for you PC.  Look on Ebay as they are cheap there.  Make sure the description says "dual band AC- 2.4/5 GHz".

-Your landline phones will now run through your new modem.  You can make your old landline phones work by running a male to male RJ phone line from the modem to a phone point...you can use a piggyback plug adapter if need be.

Good luck.

Top Contributors