Searching...

Re: Cable modem replacement?

Marie

Thanks for the update Scott Smiley Happy 

We're happy to hear it's all working now.

Shout out if we can give you a hand with anything in the future.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

chris1234

Hi,

I too have been with Optus Cable for 10+ years, My original Motorola SB 5100 is playing up, who can I talk to about a new replacement modem?

Thanks!

AlexRH

Hey there @chris1234! Thanks for getting in touch Smiley Happy

If you'd like a replacement, feel free to chat with us HERE so we can help out. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Andrew2602

Hi,

I’ve been having countless problems with the wifi dropping out on my modem over the past few months. Every time I call Optus, it’s always the same troubleshooting option. Of course there’s no problem with the connection to my house! It’s the wireless on my modem that is stuffed!

How in God’s name can I get in contact with an Optus representative who can actually help me without going through a rehearsed script very time?

Andrew

Dan_C

Hey @Andrew2602,

I'm more than happy to lend a hand with this one. When was the last time we'd offered you a replacement modem? Are you using our existing Netgear CG3000V2? Roughly how many drop outs per day are you seeing on your end? Are you required to power cycle the modem in order to connect back to your home WiFi network? I've had a similar issue myself in the past and a replacement did end up doing the trick. Depending on your rate plan, we might be able to offer you our new two modem solution for HFC. That's our NETGEAR CM500V + SAGEMCOM F@ST3864AC. Feel free to send us a PM with your account details and we'll gladly discuss some options with you.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
83 Kudos
72 Kudos
71 Kudos
43 Kudos
27 Kudos