Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor MilesB
New Contributor

Cable modem replacement?

Hi

I've been with Optus cable for about 11 or 12 years. My old Motorola 5100 is finally getting a bit flaky. Who can I talk to about a replacement?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cable modem replacement?

Have a word to support as they should be able to help you with that. You can try the live chat link if you wish.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/modem-equipment-setup-user-guides-fixed-broadband?reques...

New Contributor MilesB
New Contributor

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Dang that was quick. Thanks Miles Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
New Contributor banger
New Contributor

Hi

speak to faults department

u've been with Optus for quite a long time, so they may replace ur modem for free

dial 1300300693 direct num for faults and ask for replacement modem 👍

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Esther
RetiredModerator

Sorry for the longer wait getting through guys! Our teams have been super busy and are answering each call as quickly as possible 🙂

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor scottatwork
New Contributor

unfotunately not all stories end well. 10+ yrs optus customer 3 mobiles with them and wifi issues. wondering why the families mobile (esepcially daughters) data was doubling, their phones were switching to data via their mobiles and not from the cable wifi.

rang tech teams asked them if they could possibly send me either a new or even a refurbished modem. the very nice person wanted to trouble shoot it, its way past that. have to consider options now unfortuantely, dont want too as other than this im pretty happy optus customer. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @scottatwork, Was this the first time you'd spoken with a member of our tech team in regards to the modem issue? I would think, if there had been a record of the issue - we might of offered up a warranty replacement. Are the handsets being used iPhones by any chance? They do have a feature called "Wi-Fi assist".  If the handset detects a weak signal then it will start using a combination of both your mobile data and Wi-Fi. Send us through a PM - I'd be happy to discuss options with you. 

*edit for spelling*

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor

update- have received a replacement cable modem, the team, Sam_D and Pete listened and within a few days i have a replacement modem my wifi is now working as it should.

v happy optus customer. 

thanks again

Scott

0 Kudos
New Contributor

And Dan_C. apologies for omission!

0 Kudos