Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Cable modem network access denied

My internet keeps dropping out.

Looking at the cable modem status page shows the Network Access changing from Allowed to Denied.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Cable modem network access denied

Sorry for the issues! For any hardware faults, I would advise running through our troubleshooting guide first. If the issue persists, we'll need Tech Support to investigate and replace the modem if necessary. 

Let me know if you need further assistance and I will follow up.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I've been through the troubleshooting guide, no help there.

Please do follow up with tech support.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

If you'd like us to take a look, please PM me with your username/account number. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I've conntacted tech support.

This was a most dishartening experience.

The first rep logged my issue as being slow speed and told me there were no issues in my area.

The next rep told me there were many issues in my area and that there was a cable being replaced, also telling me that currently I should have no internet access.

When I replied that I have internet that is intermittently dropping out, he said that I was lucky.

Clearly niether of these reps were across whatever my fault actually is.

Is there any chance of me contacting someone who knows what's going on?

0 Kudos