Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Planetmoo
New Contributor

Cable internet speeds degraded to very slow

I moved two weeks ago and when i first moved to my new address i was getting close to 30Mbps. I'm now (last 4-6 days I guess) fluctuating between 0.55 and 7 Mbps. I have tested this with multiple devices connected via Wi-fi, ethernet and powerline ethernet. Not seeing any outages reported in my area. Phone is working fine.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Cable internet speeds degraded to very slow

Maybe they suddenly gave all your backhaul to someone else. Does the slow speed occur between 5pm and 11pm? If it's kinda random, that points to hardware or line fault.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Planetmoo
New Contributor

Well the extremely slow speeds (like 0.5 Mbps) do seem to correspond with peak times, but i work from home and i'm on the net probably 16 hours per day, and in the last few days it has never peaked beyond 7 Mbps even in the times you'd expect less people to be on. I had speed boost in my last residence 5km away and regularly got ~90+ Mbps with the same hardware. As I said nearly 30Mbps first day or two and since then choke city.

I'v tried rebooting router in some vain hope, no luck. Definnitely seems somethign wrong with the service. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hey @Planetmoo, that doesn't sound right at all! 😞

Have you since been in touch with our Faults crew about your speed concerns?

If not, please check out our troubleshooting guide HERE.

We're here to help if you still need a hand, feel free to PM me with your account number/username and I can run a few tests on my end for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos