Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
SteveReaver
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Cable internet outage in 2114

We had our cable internet go dead during the big Sydney storm yesterday. After I contacted the Optus online chat I was told that the outage was due to planned maintenance and that it would not be restored until 3:30pm on 22/12/18. This does not add up for me, as I was never advised of any maintenance activities and the fact the service went dead right in the middle of the storm at around 6pm seem too coincidental. 

Is anyone aware of work or internet outages in the Ryde/Eastwood area in Sydney that might explain this ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: Cable internet outage in 2114

Hi @SteveReaver

We've been performing upgrades to the Cable node that servers your area.

Ticket

CHG0313522 (Approved)

Scheduled between

14-DEC-2018 @07:30 AM

22-DEC-2018 @ 03:30 PM

Now, during this time, you'll notice intermittent issues with your service. This is generally when our technicians are on site. 

We do have to switch off power to the node for H&S issues. Service should return to normal within 24-48 hours. 

If you do have any questions, please let us know. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
SteveReaver
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

So it's 3:45pm on 22/12 and my cable is still out!  It's been amost 48 hours now. Can you please get this fixed ASAP as it is appears to be a fault.

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

I'm sorry @SteveReaver, there's little I can do from my end.

I can only relay the information I have on hand. 

The notice did say that maintenance was due to be completed by the 22nd.

You should be up and running by tomorrow morning. 

I can go in and take a look at the account if you like? They won't perform any action until the planned upgrade is completed

However, if it's an isolated fault - I can refer your issue to our Cable case management team. They'll contact you within 24 -48 hours. 

Send us a PM with your details. I need your full name, DOB and account number. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors