Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Cable internet lights on, but no internet connection

I had Optus cable internet services activated yesterday, and it worked for an hour or so according to my wife, but now can't get internet working again. I've done all the troubleshooting steps, but nothing works. Wifi network is fine, the green internet light on my Sagemcom is on, my laptop detects the wireless network, but it can't get the internet. I've tried to ring Optus tech support but it keeps directing me to a sales team that is offline. Very frustrating. Please help.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Cable internet lights on, but no internet connection

Yikes 😞 Not the best start!

Is everything up and running for you now? If not, please let us know and we can do a few tests from our end here. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

No, still not working. I finally got through to tech support who worked out that my modem had been inactivated for some unknown reason. When he tried to reactivate it, he encountered a 'glitch' and so he escalated the issue to IT to fix. He gave me an estimate of 3-5 days.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Gah! How frustrating.

Have you been given a fault ref # at all? You would generally receive notification once the issues is resolved. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

No fault reference, just the promise of a phone call when it's resolved. Hopefully my optus phone works to receive the call.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

If you do have any further trouble with this or would like an update, please feel free to PM me with your username/account number, we can check it out. 

0 Kudos