Searching...

Re: Cable congestion during peak hours in Canley Heights NSW

OmarIsPissed

Well then

Now it might just be that my sister is out of the house ( pretty sure its not ) but

My latency is fine !

Usually at this time it would be 500 600

But today since the update I'm getting pings of 30s and 40s !!

SO happy atm

GJ optus

Now lets see if it sticks ! Im pretty sure it will

danieel

You would usually get a ping of 30-60 if there's absolutely no one else using the internet, for me I had that decent ping in League of Legends when no one would touch the internet, however, as soon as someone starts loading a web page or watching a youtube video, that's when all hell breaks loose, 500-1000 ping. 

I've constantly been told it'd take a month further, than what was initially said, and right on queue, Optus have done the exact same thing... I was promised end of June ... then end of July ... and guess what? Check this status update from Optus:

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2ymsnef.jpg

Right on queue.

100% Glad I pulled the plug on the horrid service that they give and switched to Telstra. My speed 24/7 now: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4546338208

Happy with that. And also, who wants a provider who would tell their customers to go to a new provider because they can't give the service? ...

OmarIsPissed

Well mate Everyones at the house atm and my ping is still fine around 30.

I still believe the update did fix the issue but I will wait and see if it sticks.

If it does revert back to the old issues im definatley going to telstra instantly.

May I ask what plan you have daniel? I also play league Smiley Happy

hyperfany

its after hours, network is fine at this time

[ Edited ]
OmarIsPissed

Yep As I said I'll wait till tomorrow night ( 6-11) while everyones home to really see.

danieel

You'll also notice that during school holidays, the extent of the congestion gets far worse, back last year, I had it from around 4pm - 11pm; but more recently in my area, between Canley Vale and Fairfield, its started at 3pm and ends around 1:30/2am. During school holidays it could be anywhere between 10am in the morning till 2:30am. It was ridiculous!!!

On Telstra, I'm currently on the Large bundle: https://www.telstra.com.au/bundles

I noticed on the optuszoo data usage that my household (my parents and I), a gamer, and frequent internet user who uses the net almost 24/7, and my parents streaming on youtube, we use anywhere between 250 - 320GB per month, so the 500gb was perfect. I also added Foxtel, as a seperate add on and its great because I can watch the NRL and all the Foxtel on demand things unmetered. 

Happy to pay the $164 a month including Bundle + Foxtel + 2 Channel Packages, for service that ACTUALLY works, rather than the $90 - $120 a month on Optus, which you received crap all service.

OmarIsPissed

OK mate thats for that info.

Trust me if the improvement doesnt stick tonight im definetley going to that large telstra bundle straight away !

Lets just hope that the issue has been resolved so the hassle isnt needed :/

OmarIsPissed

Well even when the Optus Network status says it been delayed another month..

ever since the 31st my network has been fine

everyone was home tonight at peak hours and the highest my latency reach was 80 and then went back down to a stable 30...

Other differences ive noticed is being able to watch youtube videos smooth on 108060ps HD and twitch streams on High with ease.

How can this be if the plans are apparently delayed? Maybe it hit only some people and others might have to wait because I am getting great connection now.

[ Edited ]
hyperfany

speed.jpg

This is in the Canley Vale area. I know there is one in Canley Heights too. They're right next to each other and obviously they haven't been updated yet.

[ Edited ]
OmarIsPissed

Hmm

I reside in South Wentworthville 2145.

My main issue before the updates was high ping during night time due to congestion. My download speeds were low as well.

Since the 31st Ive had low pings throughout the day and have had the new ability to stream videos at the highest quality smoothly! Since I can do that I dont really care what number my download speed shows ( Its still pretty low compared to others, at around 10mbps in the day and 4 in the night but I honestly dont care, still works like a charm).

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
84 Kudos
80 Kudos
68 Kudos
35 Kudos
34 Kudos