Searching...

Re: Cable congestion during peak hours in Canley Heights NSW

Tom

Sorry again about your experience here guys. If our team have confirmed that there is some congestion happening, then it would mean that our network engineering group would be aware of this & planning under-way to roll-out upgrades etc. 

I can see Hollie tried to call a few times, and she'll try to get in contact again to discuss further, confirm details and go through some possible options. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

sickelz

Hi Tom

Thanks for the follow up.

I just missed Hollie's call as I was in a meeting and was not able to answer it in time.

Hope she can call me back today / tomorrow, and do try a few times if possible especially during work hours, I may not be able to answer right away.

Thanks

Tom

Yes she will definitely try again later today or tomorrow. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

westernrangers

I have the same issue where I reside.

The videos stream perfectly until 2pm (some days 1pm), then as soon as that clock ticks over to the new hour, the streaming stops and doesn't return until either after midnight or 1am.

Makes no sense.

How can the internet work like a dream between the hours of 1am-2pm, then bite the dust from 2pm-1am.

Mods, would a superfast speed pack fix this issue?

Should this be an issue?

If so, why is it happening?

sickelz

Hey Westernrangers,

It's still pretty slow for me still.

Just as an update to this thread, Optus did call me back to confirm that in my area - the node is experiencing bandwidth issues.

the ETA that was provided is that the Networking/Engineering team are scheduled to upgrade the node in May.

I'm waiting that out, but yes -

For me im getting 1-2 Mbps from late arvo until night - so its quite slow and unbearable - and I am on the fastest speed pack (won't help you if you got congestion) - so don't get it just yet until you find out if your area has a congestion issue and if there is scheduled upgrades to address it!

westernrangers

Thanks for that.

I might have to call tech support to see what they have to say about the issues.

IBEKEVINN

Just a fair warning sikelz,

The promise of a node upgrade is probably false. I was told the exact same thing approximately 4 months ago and they said they would finish upgrading by about 4 weeks after that. 4 months later and here I am. After talking multiple times with their customer support, I got mixed messages about the legitimacy of whether there was a service upgrade or not (I was even told to provide my email address for updates on the upgrade to which I never received an email).

Many of my friends from the Sydney area e.g. Bankstown have also had the exact same problem. The Optus customer support had told them that they were currently or inbound to receive a node/service upgrade but were unable to follow up. It seems like something they say just to get you off their back in the meantime.

I also live in Canley Heights, NSW and have been experiencing the congestion problem for many months now but it seems like theres no other option but to switch providers.

KMB

I live in Canley Heights too and the problem is getting worst. For the last week or so I've getting around 10-15Mbps on the fastest speed pack in the morning as well. It's not even in peak hours, I'm seriously frustrated. It hasn't been like this before as I used to only get slow speed in the afternoon till night time. Gave Optus a call 2 days ago and the guy reset it on his site and it climbed back up to around 30Mbps but it didnt last long. Gave them a call today again and the guy on the phone basically said the same thing. The whole area is facing a congestion, took my mobile number and said would text me when their techs is going to fix the problem. I honestly don't have high hope at all.

sickelz

Good to know I'm not alone..

Also a friend of mine who sits on the same node, has been having the same experience.

Optus told me that there should be upgrades completed in May, I'll see if that happens as a final chance before taking further action.

I work from home most days remotely, so I have a pretty good gauge on speeds throughout the day. It does seem to be getting worse.

1 month ago, I could hit almost 100Mbps on the fastest speed packs only during the offpeak times. These past few weeks, lucky to reach 30 in the AM.

Then from afternoon to midnight, its the worst at 1-2Mbps. So bad that the Optus Fetch TV service won't even work and has been pretty unusable in peak hours. The speeds are hopeless, even Youtube fails and shows the data consumption during the hours we experience the slowness, which further backs our experience.

The worst being on Easter PH - when most are off work and at home etc, the speeds were consistently 1-2MBps round the clock during that time in my experience.

If Tier 1 who took your call gave you that advice about getting updates, I doub't you'll get them. I had to post my experience on here to get the attention of the social team - to get any sort of update unfortunately.

So if the speeds don't get better post upgrade, I'll take it all the way - someone needs to be accountable, the customer shouldn't have to put up with having an advertised 'Fast' Broadband service / NBN this and that, when the overall experience is so horrible that Fetch TV does not work with such a slow connection  - and I really don't understand why they keep signing people on when they know very well that areas are congested and the client experience will be affected, yet not enough is being done to address it in the interim.

It'll keep getting worse as long as there is a high churn rate with these new plans and if these congestion issues are not addressed correctly. I really do feel sorry for the new customers joining on. This is the worst experience with their cable service since we had it at our premises back almost 15 years ago.

peterchan120

from canley vale here and im averaging  1mbps every single hour 24/7/

gg wp

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
81 Kudos
77 Kudos
71 Kudos
41 Kudos
30 Kudos