Searching...

Re: Cable congestion during peak hours in Canley Heights NSW

AceDanz

This is still happening I'm getting pretty worried I've been with Optus for 1month first couple days were decent now games are unplayable spoken to support told a upgrade will take place in canley heights within 3-4 weeks is this that month waiting game?

danieel

What a joke that this is still going on! I've had the Optus congestion issue since 2013 (mid / late), now it's 2016, and its still not resolved? 

Honestly, it's a waste of your time, I got off Optus mid last year and switched to Telstra, best decision of my life. Games are playable AT your OWN discretion, NOT when Optus will actually let you. 

I heard that the issue was improved by about 10-15% if not, even less, and what happened was, as greedy as Optus were continued to sign on more customers onto the nodes, and voila, same problems occur. Trust me, as an Optus customer for about 15 years, I was disgusted by the crap that they call "service", switch now, or you'll continue to be paying them your precious money, for service that they'll never provide, they'll string you along for as long as possible. 

Either tell them that you're not receiving the service you pay for, and cut your contract early (no termination fees), or get them to give you heavy discounts for services you cannot use. I got about $50 - $60 off each month + free upgrade to higher speeds, but nonetheless it doesn't resolve your issue, I'd rather pay more to Telstra for service that actually is usable.

Beware mate, things they say are all a joke. It's been 3 years and I've seen 0 action, all talk from Optus.

AceDanz

No other providers where I'm at only adsl2 I'm about 4.7kms away from the exchange adsl2 is not an option Telstra won't provide cable Optus said 3-4 weeks I wish I had it on paper if it doesn't get resolved by then I'm all for talking to the tio or accc getting my bills looked into and pay a lower price month in month out and I think it's about time we make that floptus website they don't care for the customers oh but they will Smiley Happy

Highlighted

danieel

Oh trust me, I've been to the TIO, it just got escalated to a management team that is actually in Australia as opposed to outsource, then they say they send a "Higher level technician" down, to only say "Yes, we can see the problem, it's at the node, so we'll send in a ticket to get it escalated" ... 3 years down the track, hate to tell ya, but yep, not a single thing done, even to this day, nothing.

Sometimes they'll tell you, when you call up and ask for discounts / speed upgrades that "We won't be able to give it to you, because it may not solve the problem at all, we will send a technician down to take a look at it" ... it's always the same crap with optus. 

And then once TIO gets involved, they'll just give you the ability to be released from your contract earlier... So same crappy ending to cap off the same crappy service. Unlucky that you don't have cable from another provider though, but to be honest with you, the speeds of Optus congestion (where I am) is worse than having adsl2; speeds dropped to about 1-2megabits per second (not megabytes) which is essentially 125kbps, which lets face it, does nothing these days - which is pretty much the same as the slowest of adsl2. 

But yeah that's my experience with Craptus, doubt yours will be any different. Good luck though! (P.S. Even Telstra 4G dongles are more worth than this Optus crap)

Vanster

Has this issue been going on for 2 years and still unresolved?? How can Optus just do nothing about this?

This is pretty crazy because I'm in the Fairfield area and am about to sign up with optus cable broadband... They are aggressively selling cable broadband in my street! The salesman assures me there are no network congestion issues in the area (of course he will say that)..

Are there any optus reps around that can explain this?

This is extremely dodgy.

AceDanz

I'm still waiting for a mod to confirm what I said above but as per usual Optus good job of leaving customers in the dark ???

ZoopZ

I wouldn't hold your breath mate, I lived in canley heights for 3 years on Cambridge street. Same situation to far for adsl and no other provider could give me anything. It's just a constant string of lies from Optus..."yep upgrades are happening in 3 weeks etc etc... Then a month passes and you get told oh the weather was bad in whoop whoop again and the upgrades been delayed but rest assured it's on track for another 3 weeks. 

Vanster

I don't think upgrades were ever going to happen, and definitely don't think there'll be any upgrades in 3-4 weeks... Why would they when NBN is coming in a few months... 

Just hope we don't get congestion with the nbn hfc network

AceDanz

The nbn won't come to canley heights anytime soon I was recently a fibre optic technician doing the nbn installations there's too many problems they deal with and too many government changes nbn will take a couple years to properly kick off here Optus need to do what's right by the customer but I'm not holding my breath though I'll break balls as much as I can still waiting for some answer #Optus

danieel

I'm telling you guys, I've been with Optus for pretty much as long as I can remember, I cancelled my previous internet connection with them back in 2007, and reconnected after a while in 2011 (personal reasons - not optus issues), firstly at the time the connection was great, no issues whatsoever, except for the fact that Optus has silly routing via Singapore. 

But that was long lived, because in 2013, that was when issues started to kick in, internet was perfect in the day time, then around 6-7pm it dropped terribly, till about 10:30 (which I could live with), but as time went on got worse and worse, the time frame spread from 3-4pm till 1-2am, which started becoming frustrating, I've contacted Optus over and over, and each time it was - "we'll send a technician", and every techy said the exact same thing - congestion.

They constantly say they'll fix it, and they'll either say mid next month, or that they can't give you the date because they can't promise anything - but it WILL be fixed asap, and they managed to string me along for about 2 years saying that - yes, stupid of me, but I was gettiing $50-$60 discount each month + free speed boost to 100mbps, which made 0 difference, but anyway, it was all a waste of time, because up till July 2015, I gave up and just left, happily went to Telstra cable, paying a little bit more, but service is a 100% improvement. And not only that, afterwards, Optus was even ballsy enough to send me a bill 6 months after I had already paid the final bill, telling me I had yet to pay off their useless service.

Anyway TLDR - don't let Optus string you along, and don't bother connecting to their services if you're in the Fairfield / Canley Vale / Canley Heights area, waste of your money, I just know along Sackville Street, there are many streets along there that can get Telstra cable. I've switched over, and its the best decision I've ever made. 

P.S. Optus won't bother to fix it, they won't put out that much money when they know NBN is coming, whereas Telstra will continually try to maintain their networks, and will fix things.

Dont join Optus, its a waste of your time and money.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
86 Kudos
80 Kudos
63 Kudos
36 Kudos
35 Kudos