Searching...

Re: Cable congestion during peak hours in Canley Heights NSW

sickelz

As per usual, it wouldn't be Optus without spinning dodgy ETA's and leaving you in the dirt.

So is the upgrade going to happen or not,

4th of August and still going since I raised this on the forum. More and more posts for different areas with the same thing.

I, like everyone else - do not want another dodgy ETA for next month, I want proper assurance that this will be resolved ASAP and to be compensated for the service advertised that we're not getting. The dodgy practice of getting everyone signed on, knowing very well the current congestion issues is not going to help new and existing customers.

What will it take for someone to step up and to make this happen seriously.

Optus, you guys are pushing all of us to the point where someone is going to lose it.

What will it take? do you want us to create a website like Vodafail, as a conduit for class action - is that how far you want to keep pushing your customers to the point where negative publicity will actually get someone's attention to dealing with all the issues before a massive fallout like Vodafone?

The lack of follow up, responses, commitment and real customer service tells me you do.

Don't hit me up with a false ETA, make things right - I want compensation until this is resolved swiftly.

I hope the next update we get,  that Optus can share in detail what is going to be done because to me and all other customers - there is a pile of imaginary gear sitting in an imaginary place, waiting for non existent engineers to schedule and install - that will get pushed back without a guaranteed timeframe that will , when installed, magically fix everything.

Shame on those in charge; that's poor form Optus and you know it.

Dan_DS

There's no false ETAs @sickelz. The information we give out on here is what we have at the time. If the dates change, there'll be reasons for that. Your service is connected to our Fairfield 3 CMTS, which is still scheduled for upgrade this month. We're pushing to get these upgrades completed as quick as we can, it's no fun seeing unhappy people. They aren't small projects though, it's not as simple as flicking a switch, although we wish it was!

If you'd like to discuss a credit for the delay, please give our Customer Service team a call on 133937 and they'll be able to help. Credits are applied on a case by case basis which is why you'll need to speak to them first so they can help.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Highlighted

danieel

Hm... Funny that... I believe I heard that from somewhere before ... Oh wait it was Optus saying it was scheduled for upgrades in July ... Oh and in June too, now that I think about it, it was in May I heard the same thing as well... You guys are simply just stringing along customers just to pull every bit of money that you can for that month, until the point that their contract is over and you would have received everything and can simply flick off the customer and just find new ones...

For goodness sake, your customer service and CRG group told me to go find another ISP because Optus couldn't meet the services that theyg've promised. Then not only that, they continue to sign on customers into these nodes knowing full well what it would do to existing customers and the terrible experience it would give new signing on customers. 

Everytime someone would post up something about the congestion, the first thing that will pop up is that you're looking into it, and that it's going to be fixed... I reported the damn problem to your trashy customer service and technical support over a year ago... Even 2 years ... And even till to this day, no work has been done and we all here the same false crap every month...

seriously guys don't bother putting up with the bullwhip Optus is giving you, once the next month approaches they'll further extend it another month and so on ... But if you're willing to wait till horses and pigs fly and Optus manages to get their shit together, make sure you ask for credits or should I say demand it!!! I used to get around $50 per month off my bill... If the rep says they can't, escalate it to a manager then further on, eventually the TIO. Don't take the crap from Optus!

V2K

Jesus Christ optus.

I was told with the latest call that 5/6th August your upgrades would be finished since the original upgrades should have been finished on the 29th July. However that ETA was bull5hit to begin with and your lies continue to grow.

Now your saying end of August. You have 2 days Otherwise it's see you later and over to Telstra with premium services and speeds.

Signed your angry customer.

Jax_K

I really do apologise V2K that its been delayed again Smiley Sad I can certainly understand how frustrating this would be having to put up with this every evening. We're definitely trying to get these upgrades completed as quickly as possible though. If the upgrades have been delayed, its usually due to unplanned outages or weather. Unfortunately the upgrades in your area have been pushed back again by another month or so which is tentative but hopefully there won't be any further delays.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

IBEKEVINN

Every evening. For the past SIX+ MONTHS. Over $600 down the drain. 

Fairfield2165

I solved my optus congestion problem and am here to share my full proof solution with you fine folk..  I switched to arvo shift so i would be busy at work between 3pm and 1am .. So now im not even near a computer during peak hour... The only ones suffering now are the kids but its not like school work and research matters.. They can go work @ optus as making sh!t up.. Or politics!

danieel

Honestly, you shouldn't have to change your lifestyle, nor should anyone suffer because of this stupid problem that Optus have created, it shouldn't even be there in the first place if they were a somewhat decent company and actually CARED about their customers.

Better solution, be a proud Telstra customer! All your problems would be solved! Smiley Happy

arampurkar

I would support this. i am from parramatta 2150 and i am getting speeds below 1 mbps. they charging me every month $120

tchakir

It's happening here and everywhere...

Still rubbish service. Impossible  to watch Netflix, let alone a movie -  it's 1 minute of movie, 2 minutes wiating. 

Can't download El Capitan for my OSi Mac upgrade

Come on Optus - either give us the service or tell us why it's not happening.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
82 Kudos
80 Kudos
68 Kudos
35 Kudos
34 Kudos