Searching...

Cable broadband outage in Newmarket 4051 for 3 days - why no status page or investigation???

Iceyman

My non NBN cable broadband has been down in Newmarket, 4051 (kelvin3 node) since before saturday 17th Mar. Downstream light flashing on the modem - it's getting no response from the coax at all.

I called support and they advised there are many other people reporting the same issue in the area but no official outage has been raised and the "network team" weren't looking into anything at the moment.

They won't even send ME a technican for another 2 days - who would probably only be able to determine it's an area issue anyway. 

How much longer do we need to wait before optus starts looking into this??

Re: Cable broadband outage in Newmarket 4051 for 3 days - why no status page or investigation???

petergdownload

Sales staff can be a bit varied in what they report to you. Maybe there's an outage, maybe not. 

Sounds like it has been logged to your specific house and you'll get a person to come on Wednesday. 

Have you asked any neighbours if they are having difficulty with the internet?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Re: Cable broadband outage in Newmarket 4051 for 3 days - why no status page or investigation???

Iceyman

There is an outage in the area. They have finally acknowleged it 12+ hours after I reported it and 3 days after it's happened.. and cancelled my technican.

If optus is waiting for me to "ask my neighbors" and report back to them they've failed miserably in their network monitoring.

Highlighted

petergdownload

So 12 hours response time seems pretty good? Something happened over the weekend so that usually slows down business repsonse.

Asking your neighbours was just my suggestion to get a handle on if the issue was more widespread. 

Hope the fix is quick and easy.

Regards

Peter Gillespie 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
68 Kudos
48 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
16 Kudos