cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cable availability

Like others here I have cable on my street but Optus system says I dont. My house is a long way from street so I would be a non standard installation. I need a technician to come look at my house but despite various tries on the phone with call centre people I am getting knowhere. Really frustrating. They cannot get past the fact that their system says there is no cable available to my street (which there is).  I need some help from a local optus technician or someone who can come and look at installing cable. Can anyone suggest a solution? Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Cable availability

Are you in a mdu? Multiple dwelling unit or a townhouse? And when you say far from the street? Like is our house facing the street with no buildings in front?

Have you tried the street address, rather than a unit address?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No its a single dwelling. It is just that the cable on the street is at the bottom of my property and my house is at the top so there would need to be a 50m run of cable from the street up a hill to my house. I already have private power poles to attach the cable to as our phone and electricity run up the same route.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sorry I should say that the run of cable up the hill is all on my land. There are no other properties, houses etc between my house and the cable. Just some bush but with power poles already in place. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I’ve found the call centre and live chat frustrating to deal with. Have you tried contacting reps here? I’ve found https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/64436 dan_c very helpful. 

He helped me get cable on my townhouse when call centre and live chat wouldn’t 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks I will give Dan a try. Much appreciated. 

0 Kudos