Searching...

[Cable] Slow internet in Moorooka, Brisbane. Anyone?

dinhdt91

The internet connection drops to extremely slow as shown in photos, especially after 6.pm. Anyone has the same problem? 

SpeedTest1

SpeedTestResult

Re: [Cable] Slow internet in Moorooka, Brisbane. Anyone?

Miles_R

So sorry to see that you're having trouble with your internet connection, @dinhdt91. I'm happy to look into this for you. Could you please send us through a PM with your account details so that I can load up your service?

Relinquo

I've also just signed up to the Optus Cable service in Moorooka and have noticed that the speeds are very much lower than expected, especially for having a speed package on my account.

Every evening since the service began our speeds have dropped from ~70Mbps to <5Mbps. Is this due to congestion or is it something that can be fixed by Tech Support.

I have only talked to them once, and have been told that basically they can't do anything coz NBN upgrades, no timeframe, etc.

Given this post was from March, and it is now September, has there been any progress on this in this area, or should I be considering jumping ship while I still have the option?

Tano

Hey @Relinquo. Generally speaking with upgrades to the network, it's difficult to provide a time frame. However it wouldn't hurt to reach out to the Tech Support team for an update. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Relinquo

If it was slow downs during the day, during work hours, I could understand NBN upgrades, but its not.

Its at night, during peak hours, which leads me to the belief I was mislead by the individual I was talking too, and its an overly congested network in Moorooka.

I've started to keep speedtest results to track the issue, but if it persists I'm going to have to cancel my account and try out telstra, because despite their data cap, with a house of four people, we need a consistent speed.

And before you say anything about the amount of people on the home network, we know. More people leads to a slower network, but not the drastic decrease at very specific times of the day. We've already spotted the optus router as a potential issue we'll be addressing, but that can't account for a ~70Mbs to <5Mbs drop in speed.

I'll try technical support, but I've had a hell of a time getting a hold of them.

Highlighted

Shauna

Sorry it's been a while, @Relinquo. Have you been able to get a hold of Tech Support since your last post? If you haven't, please note you can reach them through Live Chat or by calling 131344. 

Once you've spoken with them, they'll issue you with a fault reference or PR number. If you forward that onto us, we'll be able to give you updates while our team works through your query.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
69 Kudos
49 Kudos
38 Kudos
30 Kudos
16 Kudos