cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

sanjaypfj1976
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Cable - Rydalmere (2116)

Hello There.
Cable internet and phone has been down in Rydalmere (2116) since Tuesday (07/04).
I have been to the Outage page multiple time and its still says Cable/Phone/Fetch is unavailable and that Optus is investigating.
Can Optus please tell me when this issue is going to be realistically resolved?
If I know it will take heaps of time then I will have to rethink working from home and go to office to work, instead of using up my mobile hotspot.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cable - Rydalmere (2116)

It's not possible for anyone here to give you that info Sanjay. Best to take the steps necessary as it may be out for many days.

rydalmere-outage.jpg

0 Kudos
sanjaypfj1976
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

thanks for the honest reply.

Any idea what the issue is? Is it related to NBN rollout?

Are Optus technicians available over the long weekend to fix these issues?

0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

No idea mate. There does seem to be a higher amount of complaints on this forum of late but I don't know if its due to more people being home or if the problems are simply not being fixed. I would still try and contact Optus as not having a working internet connection is one of things they will look at.

https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/contact-us 

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Yeldarb wrote:

There does seem to be a higher amount of complaints on this forum of late but I don't know if its due to more people being home or if the problems are simply not being fixed. 

It will mostly be because people just can't contact Optus because of the COVID-19 staff shortage and they end up here out of frustration. Telstra and TPG have similar/greater spikes due to COVID-19.

0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I was referring to the confirmed outages as I don't think that has much to do with the people not being able to contact Optus. 

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Yeldarb wrote:

I was referring to the confirmed outages as I don't think that has much to do with the people not being able to contact Optus. 

Ahh, I guess a should have read more of the thread before replying 😫.

0 Kudos