cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Deva22
New Contributor

Re: Cable Not Available... But it is...

I'm experiencing this same problem, tried online chat and call centre to no avail.

Newly subdivided block, with 2x new addresses. Old (pre subdivision) address can get Optus cable according to the checker online. House next door as well. I can also see the Optus hfc cable outside my driveway. 

What to do? No joy from anywhere yet.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Happy to try and help out with this one @Deva22

The block has been subdivided into two townhouses, both of which are street facing?

As long as there are spare ports available on the tap, we should be able to get you connected.

We may need to arrange a site inspection, if you like - I can organise that for you. Can I get you to send us a message with your details? I'll need the following:

- Full name

- DOB

- Account number of any existing Optus services

- The new address

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor Deva22
New Contributor

Thank you so much! I'll message you with details once I figure out how to on this platform 😂

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah, whoops.

Sorry I should have included that. Try this one → http://yesopt.us/pmdan

Comment back here once you've sent it through Smiley Happy 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor forzapippo
New Contributor

I'm experiencing exactly the same. Optus doesn't show up Cable availability, whereas Telstra website shows it is possible. We were very close to choose Optus ADSL2+ option but decided to check Telstra site just in the last moment. This is very disappointing as our ultimate goal is to choose the best internet speed available.

Would you please check whether this is a technical problem or something more serious?

Cheers,

Alen

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The Optus cable network is due to be completely dismantled in two years time. NBN will be using the Telstra cable network which is why connecting via Telstra is probably 

FWIW Telstra cable is thesame/faster than Optus (Same download but x5 upload). Once it is converted to the NBN then any supplier (Optus, Telstra, et al) will provide the same general speeds.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor hughw
Occasional Contributor

@forzapippokeep in mind that the Telstra HFC (Cable) network and the Optus one are separate.  Where there is both, you will see two cables running down the street, but if there is only one, then you have Telstra or Optus depending on which one it is.  In my area, I just have Optus cable, so servicability check with Telstra shows ADSL.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors