cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor MelfyAus
New Contributor

Cable Internet slows until I reboot the modem CG3000v2

My 100mb cable internet slows to download speeds of around 5mbps but rebooting the modem results in speed jumping back up to normal for time of day - eg 30mbps evenings or 70mbps off peak.  The slow down starts a few hours after the last reboot.  Anything i should be looking at?

Attached are the connection stats during a slow period.

thanks

jamesoptus.jpg

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Cable Internet slows until I reboot the modem CG3000v2

The report table you've attached looks fine to me. I've compared it with a table that shows the results that we'd expect from a normal working service. 

In saying that, I'd still suggest contacting our Tech team. You could even message our Social Media service team on Facebook or Twitter. They won't be able to diagnose the issue, but they can send your service details (along with attachment) to our Case Management team. 

They'll investigate the issue and call you back to the discuss the results of their investigation. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

30Mbps evenings and 70Mbps other times indicates a severe problem with your service. As does this inevitable slow down you are experiencing. The Optus HFC cable network generally runs at a steady 90Mbps and faster 24/7.

First port might be to request a replacement modem and/or have someone investigate the issue.

Peter Gillespie
New Contributor MelfyAus
New Contributor

Thanks - will log a call with tech team and report back.
0 Kudos
New Contributor MelfyAus
New Contributor

Maybe my area (Eastern Suburbs Vic) is more saturated than others in peak but when its good its good, when its bad it's a flashback to ADSL1
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

It unusual a HFC user would be looking forward to getting the NBN but it seems likely you could be. Do let us know how it goes.

Peter Gillespie
0 Kudos
Top Contributors