Searching...

Cable Internet Speed Slow - Condell Park

[ Edited ]
dantran1

Hi,

I have upgraded to the 100mbps package with Optus cable a couple of month back.

At first everything was fine and I was able to hit at least 80-90mbps on Speedtest.net.

However recently I have noticed a degradation of my internet speed specifically around evenings and night. Initially I thought it was my network and perhaps someone was downloading. However disconnecting all the devices and running a speed test I was only able to get 9mbps.

I then hooked my laptop up onto the router directly to find I am able to only hit 13mbps at max.

This is not really what I expect when I sign up for additional speed package. Is anyone out there having similar issues? I have seen other people within the community having issues in Canley Heights, Fairfield, East Burwood and not accounting for others which I have not dug into.

OPTUS: PLEASE RESOLVE THIS. If you need any information please give me a call and I am happy to provide information.

Thought I might add my current configuration:

- Running on AC network which supports up to 600mbps on 2.4ghz and 2x1300mbps on 5ghz

- I have tested both on my internal mac wifi and also with a TPLink T4U dongle which supports up to 800mbps on 5.4ghz

- I have tested directly to router using gigabit LAN

- I have also configured controlled access based on MAC Address and encrypted wifi. Therefore I highly doubt someone is stealing my internet bandwidth.

Re: Cable Internet Speed Slow - Condell Park

dantran1

Can I please get a response for this.

dantran1

Does Optus actually monitor and reply to these post at all?

dantran1

Tested again this morning and I am getting 100mbps.. 

So this is only occurring during peek traffic - Evening to late night/midnight

Is there anything Optus can do to upgrade/fix this.. or are we just sitting and waiting for NBN?

dantran1

Bumping this up!

Highlighted

Ryan

Hi Dantran1 - sorry to hear that you're noticing lower speeds on your service. Have you had the chance yet to report through to our tech team on 131344 so they can take you through some troubleshooting; as well as run report over your area to see if there is any tentative scheduled capacity upgrades/ planned maintenance set to take place that may help alleviate the possible congestion issues being experienced?

If not, we would strongly recommend in doing this as it will also help to allow our tech's to accurately capture the potential impact in the area and have your details added to any Parent Network Ticket that may already be in place. 

In regards to our Community - this forum is designed for users to discuss/ help out fellow users, however our Moderators are also here to step in and reply to posts where required. We do apologise that that it took a little longer to respond to your post.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

dantran1

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I am at work for most of the day and cannot stay on the phone for a long duration.

Hence I am using this method of communication. Do you have live chat to the technical team or an email that I can log with them and communicate through this method? 

Thanks,

dantran1

So I called up the technical support for Optus and they advised that they are aware of congestion issue in my area which they are currently working towards end of September to resolve... So what does that make of my speed pack?

Dan_DS

Hi dantran1, glad you were able to speak to our team here. We have a lot of major upgrades due to finish at the end of this month and will be revising the schedule for September to try get more upgrades completed ASAP. As for the speed pack, even in an area awaiting an upgrade, it can be helpful as it will provide you with a faster base connection, so when the heavy traffic kicks in you have a larger buffer. That said, if you don't feel like it's benefiting you at this point, we can definitely remove the pack for you without any issue. Our team are here to help, you can chat to one of us here → Chat2Us

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

dantran1

Well thanks for letting me know that I get larger part of the buffer during this slow time.

I am actually a bit disappointed that you even mentioned of me removing the speed pack.. I mean I got it for a particular reason... cause I need it.. 

Either way we are at your mercy and have no choice to wait by the sounds of it.. Is there a page which I can check the progress of this upgrade?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
82 Kudos
76 Kudos
71 Kudos
40 Kudos
30 Kudos