Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Khockey
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Cable Internet Outage -NSW Dundas 2117

Agreed and think is they had been upfront and contacted all customers and offered to fast track NBN we would all be a lot happier.
terr-gill
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

very true
0 Kudos
Khockey
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

HI Terr-gill,

I would raise a complaint to the TCO which i did and Optus have added data to the dongle they provided as well as waived the cost for the service (thats not working)

They also offered to pay 50% of the cost of the dongle we bought that had better coverage.

you will get a call from them and then you can ask for a new modem FOC and connect to the NBN.

Or like others have done gone elsewhere...

0 Kudos
kru13a
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

sanjaypfj1976
How did you order the NBN ?
did you order via 1300300258 -> Sales option or through the actual fault ticket ?
My house seems still not NBN ready, but i don't mind order and have the 4G option until the NBA availability.
Thank you.

0 Kudos
sanjaypfj1976
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi kru13a.
I called Sales on the number you provided. They knock off on weekdays at 9pm. But you will get them on the weekend. Also I am pretty sure your address is be NBN ready. Goto https://www.nbnco.com.au/ and put your address in. Or even the Optus website will tell you.
0 Kudos
Khockey
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

HI all

Thought i would share update on this saga. The power pole was replaced yesterday and ready for the optus team to fix but seem that its not being tracked. Having to explain and giving the problem reference but still no fix date provided.

Sometimes being local helps 🙂

0 Kudos
kru13a
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I did call them 20 mins ago:
Based on case notes, the support person says "Energy providers have not yet fixed the issue" and such no ETA. He clearly stated that Dundas \ Rydalmere have impacted  and rare case of not having internet over a month now.
My bad i also don't have NBN  (My local pit not connected properly) as such i am still waiting for this issue to be resolved.
Hope least by this week this issues will get resolved.

0 Kudos
Khockey
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I know what you mean as having to tell the team its been fixed and they are trying to send someone to me...when its an issue in the street!

Fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
kru13a
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Finally..
7th April 2020 saga, ended in 12th May 2020.
I can get the internet.
Thank you all.
(Thank you Dan for those updates.)

0 Kudos
Khockey
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

HI @kru13a 

Its been a saga and even though I was supposed to get an update on this seems that this has been the fastest way to get the info.

That said i am sure a lot of people who can switch suppliers have moved..

0 Kudos