Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
kru13a
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Cable Internet Outage -NSW Dundas 2117

The date proposed 10/05/2020 is almost with no consideration to the already suffering inconvenient customer like my self. I am sure there must be someone who can escalate this to the both end to have this resolved.
Thanks Dan with you updates, please let us come we can escalate this to the senior management etc if possible.

0 Kudos
Rick96
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

In light of this update, I’m sure a lot of people including myself are extremely disappointed with this outcome and the service we’re receiving.

I think the discussion on how we will be compensated and looked after should be happening now. From a consumers perspective there looks to be absolutely zero urgency in this matter.

How do you expect to neglect your customers without any service for two weeks and come back to tell us there wont be any progress til mid May?

A lot of us would be using hotspot to get by on our day to day tasks/routine. Are we to indefinitely rely on rationing our data until the date or any significant updates arrive?

To say the least its quite shocking.

Regards,

0 Kudos
terr-gill
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Rick96
I feel the same way .
I had to buy a dongle just to connect I expect there will be no compensation for that
0 Kudos
sanjaypfj1976
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Dan, I know you have done your best to keep us updated with facts.

Regardless this is very disappointing news. Plus its a tricky situation as I see the NBN switch on date is on or after the 24th of April. When exactly we will be connected is not confirmed.

Seems like Optus is not 100% committed to fixing our problem and we will just be asked to switch over to the NBN.

Its made it very confusing for me and perhaps others who are thinking of switching ISP's, should we switch or just wait a fews days for the NBN which may or may not happen.

Lots of questions, but Optus is not informing us directly, they surely have our contacts, they have no trouble finding me when its billing time. We have to rely on this forum to get real answers.

0 Kudos
Khockey
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Rick96

I agree 100% and suggested that for all Optus customers who have no option but to sit and wait that we receive the same data allowance on the hotspots we have at present that we have paid for and expect. This sort of outage isnt acceptable and also suggest raising a complaint to the TCO (link is here https://www.tio.com.au/making-a-complaint)

Its pretty poor service when we have to ask here whats the latest and the app doesnt work or the assistant says that we will be in touch in 24hrs.

I know its not your fault but as you can see by the amount of comments a lot of people arent happy.

E_vo
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm at Epping and having dropouts with my internet on computer, phone, TV for the past few weeks

having to use phone hot spot - any ideas

0 Kudos
kru13a
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

All can be suggested is "run.. run.. runaway" from Optus.
even if costly, sign up with another provider. When in need and if you cant get their services, what is the point paying them , now in the future.

0 Kudos
kru13a
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Now exactly one month (Since April 7th 2020) There no internet connection.
I have purchased the $99.00 dongle and have spent 1-2 hrs on the phone to get that topped up using my account as credit. There are number of time i have end up disconnected or end up in wrong mads and then re directed with additional waiting hours.

Everyday i am counting to get my NBN to runway from Optus.
Does't matter how good or how cheap they are.. but the experience i have had is more than enough to get away. Seriously...
I hope number of you all have the same.

0 Kudos
sanjaypfj1976
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hello kru13a

Last Friday I was connected to the NBN. I had applied for it a week before that, as soon as NBN said my street had been "connected".  Also the last bill I got from Optus said no need to pay.

You should do the same, get onto the NBN asap, its much quicker than cable plus you will get a 4G broadband modem within 2-3 days and you can get connected to the web before the NBN connection is made.

0 Kudos
terr-gill
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

thanks sanjaypfj1976 all ready connected to the NBN as soon as I seen it was turn on
which I feel is what optus wanted all a long
0 Kudos