Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
kru13a
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Cable Internet Outage -NSW Dundas 2117

Since 8th Wednesday April, 2020 I do not have Cable Internet in our area.
Outage check page confirms there is  a fault in the area (2117 Dundas, NSW).
But is is now 05 days service yet to be resumed. I have no internet at all when we all expects to work from Home. (including kids).
I have contacted through 131344 , but the i couldn't get any information other than "we know the issue and we are working on"

[Are effected: NSW 2117 Dundas]

Any updates on this space. Thanks.

39 Replies
sanjaypfj1976
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Cable Internet Outage -NSW Dundas 2117

Hi I am in Rydalmere and facing the same issue, actually its been down since 07/04 around midday. I have been using hotspot since then.

I chatted with an Optus support person around 9am today who said they are "aware" and techies are working on the issue right now. Fingers crossed it gets sorted out soon.

0 Kudos
kru13a
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I am still don't have Connection.
Not sure what to do, as i an unable to talk to any one.

0 Kudos
sanjaypfj1976
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I found the best way to talk to optus is via the My Optus app, if you can download and install it on your mobile and then goto the Messaging area you will definitely speak to someone. Just write that you want to "talk to a human", otherwise the automated reply system will keep answering.

kru13a
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Checking Outage Page now says above area have no issues.
However my connection still down. Almost a Week now, I have no internet.
How about others in 2116,2117 areas. ?
0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hey guys, we've raised ticket - 22553437 for this one. Our technicians have gone out and inspected the site. 

Low hanging electricity wires are making it diffuclt for us to go ahead with the fix. 

We're now following up up with the energy provider to find out when then they can fix the low hanging wire. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Rick96
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

I was told last week Wednesday that the team had been made aware of the issue.

And now, from what I understand from your response, no ACTUAL progress has been made on restoring the connections to the customers in the area.

Should customers be expecting no connection to carry on into next week?

I would imagine that Optus, at the very least, should be proactive with communicating the details regarding this issue, rather than make all your customers wait 24 hours for seeking support.

Of course, considering Covid and all else, complete outage during a work-from-home period alongside the easter break seems like a significant mishandling of the situation.
kru13a
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Dan.
We are desperately waiting for the solution.

Not having internet over 8 days..makes our lives miserable.
Thank you.
0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hey everyone, we're pushing to get this one resolved.

The last note states that we've been in contact with the electricity company this morning. 

We've expressed that we're in need of an urgent resolution. 

I'll check back on the ticket throughout the day and update you guys accordingly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
sanjaypfj1976
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I saw in a Whirlpool discussion last night where a guy said that the issue is on Calder Road near Station Street. This monring I drove by and saw a vehicle from Endeavour Energy parked opposite Station street with lights on.

Hopefully today is the day our nightmare ends.

0 Kudos