cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cable Broadband Getting Slower, and slower

My cable broadband is getting slower and slower. The ping times are longer, and despite resetting the cable modem there is no improvement.

I'm in Wahroonga, Sydney.

Can't get hold of any active support any more from Optus.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Cable Broadband Getting Slower, and slower

To add to this post, it's ridulous that I can't report a fault or speak to a person. The web site is rubbish.....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Cable Broadband Getting Slower, and slower

Hey @Ro16, sorry for the issues with your internet and reporting the fault.

Any known issues will show under the "fixed outages" tab of the website here → Optus Service Status.

Checking your area I can see there was a ticket opened on 08/01 at 5pm and was restored shortly after your post here. It looks like there was a hardware failure that needed replacing.

If you're still having issues, please run through the steps in this troubleshooting guide → Can't Connect: Cable Internet

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors