Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cable Availibility

Hi

I have been with optus for a long time.

I am moving into a unit and it is a front facing house with cable right infront of it.

The address is unit 5 1798 Dandenong Road Clayton Vic 3168.

One unit in the block already has cable. My question is that when I check the website for availability it says only dsl is available 

Can somebody from optus please check this out becuase I know for a fact its not true and arrange a technician drive by if needed.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Cable Availibility

There can be an issue with apartments. Testra records the block as a single entity and after one household connects the block is assigned. Read this article. Might be irrelevant but its FYI.

FWIW you get NBN in about 18 months. Not great if you can't get Optus to assign the cable - unfortunately Optus has almost zero interest in connecting people to its cable network. Its now owned by NBN Co and will be completely trashed in 3 years. Optus are shutting down its cable as fast as NBN goes active in the area.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Cable Availibility

Hi @zeus_mighty, that doesn't sound good. To get an update on the availability I'd recommend contacting our sales →  http://yesopt.us/chat. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos