Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
benn_o
New Contributor
New Contributor

CSG compensation for Optus Cable

Ordered a cable telephone bundle connection with Optus. My order was screwed up by Optus in provisioning and a new replacement order was raised. This resulted in an 8 business day delay compared to the originally advised appt and activation date.

I am eligible for a CSG compensation from what I can see. How can I get a manual CSG claim form submitted (as multiple numbers and orders were involved I doubt Optus systems are smart enough to link them, especially given that they couldnt even activate my service).

I tried to request via customer service but the agent didnt even know what CSG was!!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: CSG compensation for Optus Cable

NBN plans specifically exclude CSG delays in connection now but I take it you are on legacy HFC cable?

Can't figure out if you are eligible for compensation. For one thing its doesn't apply to internet services (only phone). The CSG legislation is byzantine at best. So many ifs and but clauses. Seems to me there is an allowance for up to 20 days delay in new connections). 

Anyway I'm no lawyer so see how it goes. The Optus CSG page is here. I do remember reading how nuts the process is. Basically there is no claim form. Optus will review your connection and automatically apply any CSG compensation as needed. This process may take four months. Its not one you have any input into. 

After 4 months you can ring the number (that's hidden on the link above): 133 937

I suspect you'll be told no review has been conducted but maybe I'm being cynical. 

Peter Gillespie

Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hmm thanks Peter,  I learnt a new word today 😀

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

You had me spell checking "compensation" 🙂  I do love words and it was a blow when I eventually learned that using the exact right one often had the opposite effect of communicating what you mean.

Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Where there is Byzantine there is profit. 😀

0 Kudos