Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

COVID-19 - Data Bonus (4G Wireless Home Broadband)

With the recent announcements from Optus and the extra data bonus that is being offered to Mobile Post-Paid and Pre-Paid customers, it appears that the customers with 4G Wireless Home Broadband have been completely missed from this announcement. 

Are we entitled to extra bonus data? Unfortunately unlike the 5G, the 4G plan is still on a data cap of 500GB p/month. 

Normally 500GB p/month would just get me by, but now that I'm working from home and managing projects this will have a major impact on not just myself, but other customers on the same plan.

Unfortunately I live in an area where NBN isn't available until May 2020, and anything short of NBN is unacceptable as the speeds are not suitable for the work I do, so alternative options are not available to me.

Would like some clarification on this.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - Data Bonus (4G Wireless Home Broadband)

Optus is the only telco (except those who resell Optus) that has a plan aimed at this market of higher then 100Gb (Telstra and Vodafone top theirs out at 100Gb).

Optus has not indicated that they will be provided extra data to these plans, most likely due to them already being greatly higher data offering then anything else on the market.

You wont see no uncapped 4g option at all, last thing close to that is the now closed Vividwireless with their 12/1 plans that only operated on 2300Mhz (some capital cities only).

If Optus was to offer bonus data they would announce it.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - Data Bonus (4G Wireless Home Broadband)

Without knowing the work involved 500Gb should be enough. You might need to reduce video qualities and perhaps send data physically (thumb drive?).

I agree the wireless customers seem to have fallen through the gaps at the moment. I believe you can order a second plan (you don't need to get a second modem) and just switch in the second SIM when the first one almost used up. You should try ask for Optus to waive the second plan being a 24 month contract as you explain your situation. Hopefully Optus are flexible enough for that.
0 Kudos