Searching...

CHANGE-NEW ACCOUNT NUMBERS FOR HOME PHONE/BROADBAND ACCOUNT

EnoughisEnough

Went to pay my home phone bill and realised my latest bill has a new reference number and new account and new bpay code. Has anyone else had their account number changed without being informed in writing by Optus?

Re: CHANGE-NEW ACCOUNT NUMBERS FOR HOME PHONE/BROADBAND ACCOUNT

Yeldarb

EnoughisEnough

I had read this older post however my account is not for a mobile it is for a Home service.

I believe Optus has updated their system and changed customers account numbers without advising customers.

I am not sure if they have any policy regarding

proper procedure.

Made it difficult to verify as I had no access to my account for months, couldn't view anything due to system error.

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

I would check with billing and accounts via the live chat below and confirm the new details are correct before you make a payment.

...and yes the Optus account portal has been terribly unreliable for me in the last 3 months or more.

https://www.optus.com.au/notices/service-chat

EnoughisEnough

It would be a national issue if Optus is changing customers data over to new account numbers and asking the to pay using a new biller code!

Has anyone received notifation from Optus in a letter that their information has migrated to a new account number and to pay their account using a new biller code???

I spoke with Optus and was told there was a dummy email address in myaccount, that it was not verified due to a new system stopping me from viewing my account. 

Paddylee

They started moving customers to the new billing system from late 2017 I think - both home and mobiles.

I received an SMS, and email and they displayed a message in my account on the website when I logged in saying that between a set of dates I would either not have access to the account or their will be items not available as they upgraded their systems.

Generally it was a link to here: https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/We-re-changing-the-way-Optus-bills-look/ba-p/211881

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

EnoughisEnough

Those post seem to be about Mobile phone accounts and not Broadband. I notice it is an old announcement that has an updated date on it. Maybe they advised some mobile phone customers and not others as i lost total access to my account.

Paddylee

End of the day - Its a real change.

Optus is moving every cusotmer to their new billing system - its not optional.

It covers both mobile and home products.

Your account number changes, your monthly bills would have had the notice on the bottom of them that numbers are changing.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
74 Kudos
50 Kudos
45 Kudos
30 Kudos
16 Kudos