Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

CG3000v2 modem router WIFI error

Hi, Having issues with my Netgear CG3000 v2 modem. Ethernet cable working fine, but wifi is intermittent. From loading quickly one minute to no connection and time outs the next. Seems to work for 1 minute out of 10 minute cycle. Have tried re-boot, factory re-set, and powering down connected devices. It appears to be a wifi specific issue. Is it likely failed? How do I get a replacement to test? Thx

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: CG3000v2 modem router WIFI error

Don’t suppose you’ve tested the surrounding area for wifi and noted the channel allocation?

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Hey @BSZL, I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you're having with your modem. Have you managed to get this resolved since sending this message? 

If the issues are ongoing, Have you taken a look at our Network Status page to see if there are any planned works or identified faults in your area that could be affecting your services? If nothing is visible, I'd recommend getting in touch directly with our Tech Support team using our 24x7 Live Chat service here or through the My Optus App. 

If you continue to have issues, you're welcome to send us a PM with some more information and we'd be happy to assist however we can. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Having the same problem - intermittent wifi. DSoesn't matter what channel we use, or auto.  Get this.

Technician came out, pulled out one of the cables going to one of the switches thereby disabling half the data points in the house, declared it was problem with our power over the internet (which we don't have),changed the password on the modem (didn't tell us), said problem was fixed and disappeared!

0 Kudos