cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor markjp
New Contributor

Re: CG3000v2 Port Forwarding

I just aquired a cg3000v2 verson 2.08.5 and having similar problems.

1.  No setting to enable remote management
  2. Setting DHCP Reservation Lease to fix IP address does not save
    - work around this by going to these devices abd fixing there IP address outside the DHCP allocation range
  3. Port forwarding to the same internal port on to different devices (IP cameras) fail for the second device ie:  forward 8005 -> 192.168.0.55:8000 & 8006 -> 192.168.0.56:8000.  It compaints the port is alreay allocated.  

I don't have any of these problem at my last place using a cg3000v1 version 1.04.

0 Kudos
New Contributor motionwave
New Contributor

Same issue with my new Optus cable connection. I tried port 8080 to port 80. Port Ext 5000 to Int 5000. None of them work. When I called up Optus Tech support, they kept telling me about premium support. If anyone from Optus can read this, please fix this issue.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Cal83
New Contributor

I've just gone through the same thing as most of the previous posters.

Called optus trying to get either port 80 or 8080 opened to remotely view security cameras, was told it wasn't their problem and that I'd have to contact Netgear directly. They even gave me 2 "special optus customer" phone numbers;

1300 731 106 (number does not exist) and

1300 657 778 (call goes to automated menu then hangs up every time)

What an effing JOKE. I don'y pay netgear every month i pay OPTUS, they need to be the ones helping with this issue, Optus are the ones who entrusted Netgear to supply their modems, and they don't just get to wash their hands of any problems that arise.

I am now going to contact the telecommuncation ombudsman and see if they can help resolve this.

UPDATE: just got off a lengthy phone call with Netgear, who say that because the routers/modems they supply to Optus are made specifically for them, they have Optus firmware in them and they are no longer covered by Netgears support. He did kindly offer me  some support packages ranging from $90 to nearly $200.  He told me that Optus need to be offering support for this matter.

Again WHAT A JOKE

0 Kudos
New Contributor Jeffreyz
New Contributor

Same issue, I cannot forward 80 or 5000 ports... however 5001 works. 

I cannot find anywhere Optus mention this type of restriction to me. Restriction of port forwarding can create many trouble for users who want to use webcam, nas, remote desktop, etc. On the other hand, I don't think blocking several ports will increase security a lot. I am also a network engineer, I cannot think of any reason why Optus block these ports other than the one pointed out the the previous post - Optus forces us to upgrade to business plan to make more money. Optus you will lose customers this way.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor woo10
Occasional Contributor

So I had just signed up to optus cable and only now I have noticed that porta that I want cannot be opened. Has anyone converted to the business plan as it looks to be in similar pricing or have they just cancelled their service and gone with another provider?

0 Kudos
New Contributor Legionnaire
New Contributor

Seriously... what a joke. i need port forwarding...

0 Kudos
New Contributor markjp
New Contributor

I gave up on this router in this modem, put  it in bridge mode to a real router.  I'm using a Synology RT2600ac. I'm happy with it

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor woo10
Occasional Contributor

Does that mean you are going from the netgear to the sagemcom(in bridge mode) to your synology?

0 Kudos
New Contributor markjp
New Contributor

Netgear cg3000 (in bridge mode) straight to the Synology. There is no sagemcom in my setup.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Jon1973
New Contributor

So when the GC3000v2 is in Bridge Mode and you plug the Synology into it, do all the ports flow into the Synology where you can then manage (open / close) them?

Thanks

Jon

0 Kudos