An important topic of discussion within the industry is how technology continues to develop at a fas... Read the full story
2018-01-10 04:39 PM
LAN 2, 3 & 4 are shown as 1Gbps/Full.
LAN1 is listed as Link Down.
Is this something I should be concerned about?
2018-01-31 06:57 AM - edited 2018-01-31 07:01 AM
I think I've had a similar issue too.
I have a Wireless Access Point (in bridged mode) plugged into the first LAN port and over the weekend and the CG3000v2 failed to provide IP addresses to anything connected past the first LAN port.
I'm trying to isolate the issue by plugging the WAP to a different LAN port and seeing if it will eventually fail.
Honestly, I'm pretty unhappy that this is failing.
Stats on the network:
- The CG3000v2 is approx 1.5 years old
- DHCP is setup using the CG3000v2
- Wireless is provided using Apple Airport Extreme
- LAN Port 1 fails to provide a connection to the Airport Extreme approx 12 hours of having the device doing a factory reset or any other radical network change
- I've reset all devices and power cycled multiple times.
My conclusion is there's an issue with the Netgear CG3000v2, either FW or faulty hardware.