cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Moderator Aman_B

Re: CG3000V2 DNS Option Missing

Hi @joaboThis isn't really what we like to hear & I'm sorry this is the case. Can you give us some more info about what's happened? Perhaps we can help you here.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor Ralph
Contributor

OMG "can you give us some more info about what happened" - is this guy serious?? We've been complaining our butts off about this for the last year and a half, and that's the best you can do?

How about taking 5 minutes out of your busy morning to read the thread, then you wouldn't need to waste everyone's time asking... 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
New Contributor joabo
New Contributor

Are you joking mate?? Can I give you "more information about what's happened"?!? I'm glad @Ralph is as understanding of my point and can comprehend why I'd be even more frustrated with your useless reply, having clearly not even read the whole thread.

Maybe go back and do that and that will supply you with "more information" to actually understand. Another brilliant job at showing off your fabulous customer relation skills if I do say so myself Optus!!!

Contributor Ralph
Contributor

Exactly @joabo, the Sloptus mods on this forum are a complete f-ing joke! Go back and have a look at the equally useless last few responses from mod @Dan_C. They pick and choose to whom they wish to reply (and to whom they deign to give PM responses) and if you happen to be not to their liking, they just ignore you like you aren't worth wasting their obviously-far-too-highly-paid time on.

One mod earlier on in this thread, @AlexRH even suggested that "we have heaps of members within the forum that have helpful advice when it comes to tinkering settings within the modem"!! So he was basically telling me "I, as a paid Optus rep, cannot be bothered answering your question, so why don't you go and ask someone else who isn't paid by Sloptus, and is therefore just as clueless as you are?"

New Contributor Ralph2
New Contributor

"No Optus" banned me from using this site, presumably because they really don't like to have dissatisfied customers! And one way to fix that is, of course, to excise them and hope that they don't then go and sign up for a new "No Crowd" account.

Anyhoo... just wanted to let y'all know that they replaced my burnt out CG3000v2 modem/router with the Netgear CM500V modem + Sagemcom F@ST3864AC router combination that the Dearly Departed Dan_C had mentioned way back on page 2, but alas, as expected it seems you cannot change the DNS in the Sagemcom either.

I suppose this is all less of an issue now than it used to be back in 2017 anyway, since presumably most of us here are using VPNs by now...

0 Kudos