cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor Ralph
Contributor

Re: CG3000V2 DNS Option Missing

Ha! Yes indeed. In fact , you have inspired in me a little ditty...

"Round and round and round we go,

Next stop is the T.I.O."

0 Kudos
New Contributor Flit
New Contributor

so uhhhhhh how do i get a custom dns using optus cable? will optus supply me with the two device solution for free or what

Contributor Ralph
Contributor

May depend on how long you've been with Optus. If you've never had the option, they could claim you were never entitled to it. But since I've been with them for over 16 years, I always had the option until they replaced my old modem. Unfortunately they didn't replace like-for-like, so I'm no longer getting the same service that was originally contracted. It will be up to the TIO to decide whether this constitutes a breach of contract, and if so, what remedies are available. I've already suggested some very reasonable remedies above which Optus chose to reject, so we'll just have to see what happens next...

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Flit

I've replied back to your PM. I'm happy to chat with you there. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor Ralph
Contributor

Does everything need to be done by PMs now?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Sorry @Ralph, didn't mean to ignore you.

It depends on what you want done. I can't discuss any account specific information with you publicly. You've mentioned that the modem replacement wasn't a like modem? What was offered in your case? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor Ralph
Contributor

Hi Dan, we were both discussing this here on this thread, going back to November. Could you please refresh by having a look back to your post on 23rd Nov, where you said you would update this here as soon as you'd heard back from some others to whom you'd made internal enquiries? (Since then, I only heard back here from someone else at Optus who didn't have anything further to add.)

All of my details with regard to what was offered, why it was wholly unsatisfactory as a replacement, and my suggestions as to how this might be rectified, are in my posts back then in November.

If you'd like to reply privately that's fine, although there are a lot of other folks, both in this thread and in other similar ones (to which I have refrained from posting as I don't like to double up, and which might be regarded as trolling), who are in the same boat and who are just as aggrieved by the situation as am I.

Thanks and cheers, Ralph.

0 Kudos
Contributor Ralph
Contributor

Hi  I was impressed that you replied on Australia Day, thanks 🙂

Not so impressed that you've not replied since 😞

Is there anything else you need from me (apart from the detailed info I've provided earlier in this thread) in order to get this matter resolved ASAP?

I believe I've been exceedingly patient so far, but frankly I'm not real impressed that it's taking several months for an update since your November reply.

Cheers, Ralph.

0 Kudos
Contributor Ralph
Contributor

Just as a post-script to the frankly appalling standard of customer service (or lack thereof) I've received here on the forum... the new CG3000V2 modem sh@t itself shortly after my last reply, and rather than have it replaced by another POS I put the Cisco back into service, and since then (touch wood) it hasn't faulted. I know, it's inevitable it will one day - but hopefully by then the NBN will be in the street and I can kiss Optus goodbye.

New Contributor joabo
New Contributor

What an utter joke for ‘customer service’...! Simply unbelievable. “Oh I’ll get back to you once I have more information.” Yet we’re all still here waiting to find out how to change the default DNS server! Never, ever will I elect to go sign up sign Optus after seeing how they treat their customers over a simple setting change. 

It’s not even as if it’s a technical change that could affect their network in some way! Overall talk about shoddy, pathetic, and wonderful advertising for other ISP’s. 

Well done Optus, you’ve aced yourself if you were aiming to look as unhelpful as possible. It’s only been a few years now too... FAREWELL and good riddens.