cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor Ralph
Contributor

Re: CG3000V2 DNS Option Missing

Oh goodie, does that mean 131344 Tech Support has figured out the answer overnight? Because 24 hours ago when I phoned and spoke to them, they did not have a satisfactory answer.

Here's what I suggested to them:

1) replace the unsuitable Netgear unit with a used Cisco unit, same as I was originally supplied with - you must have a few of them lying around, surely?

2) repair my faulty Cisco

3) replace the unsuitable Netgear unit with any different unit that has configurable DNS settings

The tech support rep was polite and did his best to find out what he could, but the upshot of it all was that none of my suggestions were possible Man Mad

I then suggested that perhaps I could spend my own money on buying an un-crippled generic CG3000v2 directly from Netgear or their reseller, but the rep told me that it would not work on the Optus network without the Optus firmware - is that really correct?

The only other thing I can think of is to buy a used (but working) Cisco that a previous Optus customer has no further use for.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi @Ralph,

No update for this one unfortunately. I know it's been suggested previously and you'd prefer to have the option to reconfigure your DNS settings via the CG3000 itself but bridging your modem to a non-Optus supplied router is really your best bet. It's not something that I believe will be built into the CG3000 firmware at any stage soon.

We're actually offering a two modem solution for our new and existing cable customers - that’s our Netgear CM500V + Sagemcom F@ST3864AC . I'd really need to seek out some advice to see whether DNS server settings on our Sagemcom modems are also fixed. I'm fairly confident that it's the case for our NBN Sagemcom modems.

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Contributor Ralph
Contributor

Hi Dan,

Thanks, I appreciate your reply, and that sounds like it might be a viable solution - would you please be so kind as to reply here again to keep me informed of updates to this? Bear in mind, I'm on the HFC (not NBN) premium speed pack, in case that makes any difference.

Cheers,

Ralph

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

That’s not a problem. I’ve sent a few emails out to a couple of departments that may be able to offer a solution. I’ll be sure to update this thread once I receive some

solid information. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Contributor Ralph
Contributor

Hi Dan,

As it's getting on to a  month since last reply, any further news on this yet, please?
Cheers,

Ralph

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hey Ralph, as Dan touched on - he'll be updating the thread once some concrete information comes to light.

Apologies for the delay, if you do need any further assistance with anything else in the mean time, please let us know. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor Ralph
Contributor

Thanks AlexRH for your reply, but my question was actually for , who is kindly following up on this issue.

However, if you're replying because he's unavailable, and since you said to let you know if there is any further assistance you can provide in the meantime, then yes thank you, I would like to know more about the two modem solution for cable customers (Netgear CM500V + Sagemcom F@ST3864AC). Would you please advise as to whether whether the DNS server settings on your Sagemcom modems have been locked down, or whether they can be changed by the user?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hey @Ralph, we don't provide support for DNS/settings changes with the modem so I can't really assist with this one.

In saying that, we have heaps of members within the forum that have helpful advice when it comes to tinkering settings within the modem so to speak.

Let us know if you have any further questions 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor Ralph
Contributor

Brilliant stuff mate, so we've all been wasting our time here since 

New Contributor BobbySs
New Contributor

Round and round the circle we go.