cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Mastereric111
New Contributor

CABLE Internet Cable to house Not Removed....?

Hello Everyone,

When my NBN was installed, I asked the installer what is going to happen with the Old Cable for the Cable internet service. Will it be Removed from my house...? He said somebody will come and remove the Cable from the outside of my house. It has now been Months and obody has come to rmove the cable from house.

Who do I have to speak to have the Cable removed?

I need it removed because I park my car underneath the cable and the birds are pirching on it and pooping on my car. I want it removed.

Please somebody advise me to whom I need to talk to to have the cable removed from the outside of my house???

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

Re: CABLE Internet Cable to house Not Removed....?

dont think anyone is going to come to remove the cable. The optus tech came but just put a cap at the end of the cable  and terminate it. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Mastereric111
New Contributor

So who is reponsible the cable?

If I am responsible then I will just cut it. If I am not responsible then how do I find out who is the responsible party to the cable to my house that is now not functioning. I want it removed.....?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

You can request to have it removed from your house, but it doesn't occur automatically I'm afraid. Jump into Live Chat with Tech Support, they'll confirm your address and organise the disconnection within 5 business days typically.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors