cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Buying new modem

hi i have finally set up my NBN internet as above it has fixed my poor optus internet i have been putting up with. so i am using the optus router for fetch tv only with a cat5 cable (I did try using wifi from the netgear but it wouldn't let me) plus i have my home phone working using the optus router. with the netgear D6400 i jjust for all my wifi mobile laptop etc which is work really good..
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your time and helping me with this problem just a shame i had to pay $250 for the netgear D6400 to fix this problem i have been having for almost 12 months which optus wasn't very helpful at all
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Your welcome.

Its good that you got a workable solution.

If you are not using the wifi on the optus router, you might want to turn off its wifi (if you have not already done so) just so that it does not interfere with the D6400 's wifi.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have turned off the Wi-Fi off on the Optus router. Thanks once again for your help
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

hi guys just a quick update i finally had a small win with optus. i wasn't really that happy running 2 router so i made a conplaint to optus by email and after a week or so and phone call after phone c all i finally got to speak with someone in tech support that know what he was talking about and was able to make some kinda decision come to the party and sent me the new optus router segemcom f@st5366 and also gave me $99 credit on my next nbn bill.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              i got the router within 3 working days after set router up to my fetch mini oknyo amp and samsung smart tv  i like to say that i am very happy with this new router fix my wfifi frop outs poor sound poor picture stop the feed back in my subwoofer speed is good so if you have the old router and having the same problem as i was for the last 12 months make a conplaint by email to optus and hit them up for this mew router segemcom f@st5366                            

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@best73 

What email address did you send the complaint to?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

www.optus.com.au/complaints or enquiries@optus.com.au also look up optus complaints handling policy and that has every number email address i use that also they normally contact you within 2 days and once you have made a conplaint your has to be fixed within 10 days i hope this help you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

here some more info if you are still dissatisfied after complaints you can call optus on 1800 062 058 or tio.com.au

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the info.

I don't actually need to make a complaint, I just don't recall being able to find any way of contacting Optus via email.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

all good if you download that complaints handing policy it has every contact details postal address emails phone numbers needed i have a pdf file of the policy i not sure how to send it to you
0 Kudos