Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
donaldp
New Contributor
New Contributor

Bulk transferring mail from one Optus email address to another

Hi,

I've just had another Optus e-mail address added, and I have 300-odd messages that I want to transfer from my usual address to the new one. Obviously I don't want to forward them manually/individually if I can avoid it. In the past when I've had shell access to mail hosts, I've been able to transfer whole folders using FTP, but I don't have shell access to my Optus mail (well, not that I know of anyway). I figure there's probably still some FTP(like) way to transfer the mail between the 2 accounts, but not sure what or how to configure. e.g. the name of my mail home directory (I figure it'd be something along the lines of optusnet.com.au/somethinghere/username). Does anyone know how to do this? Even if it's something like downloading from one address to PC then uploading to other address.

thanks,

Donald.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jeneral__Pain
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Bulk transferring mail from one Optus email address to another

Add both email addresses to a mail client.

Then drag/drop the messages across.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors