Searching...
Accepted Solution

Broadband upgrade

alexkethel

Moderators Please help !

I have no phone service since changed to Unlimited Fusion plan yesterday.

There is no dial tone, no side tone (no DC supply to phone. It rings, but no TX or RX

I have spent a total of over 5 hours already trying to get thgrough to Optus Live Chat only to be tossed out each time after about 20 minutes.This is still happening this morning.

Moderator, I am desperate. Please contact me at alexkethel@optusnet.com.au

Thanks

Alex

Re: Broadband upgrade

alexkethel

I gave up on trying to use OPtus Live Chat as it was  impossible to connect to it due to much higher consistent demand than normal, even from 7AM this morning. Perhaps due to problems arising from this plan changeover ?

The problem appears to be due to the original Telstra handset failing . When this service was connected originally (a completely new installation ), Optus did not supply a handset, they reused the ancient Telstra handset left on the old Telstra service.

The chances of this being coincidental after all this time seem very unlikely ?

Am I entitled to a replacemnt of this failed phone?

Also coincidentally, a Usenet provider that had been consistently peaking at 8.1MB/s EVERY DAY  for a couple of weeks up until at least midday, can now only struggle to reach a peak of 3.45MB/s since the mandatory change to an Unlimited Fusion plan. 

As a very long term custumer of Optus, I find this extremely poor access to Support highly disappointing.I don't have an Optus Mobile, and I would likely have racked up a huge bill if I had to keep waiting for half an hour per attempt via a mobile phone.

Why no email contact for existing customers like most major organisations ?

alexkethel

Moderators

As it is so damn hard to get through to Optus directly, as noted by several recent posters,

ARE YOU PLEASE ABLE TO RESTORE THE SPEED PACK  as I am now only getting 30mbps instead of the original 100mbps when using the Speed Test.

This is undoubtedly the reason why my previously mentioned up to 8.1mbps DL speeds outside of school hours and weekends are now only half of what they were. There's not much point to an Unlimited DL plan if the REAL DL speed is now less than half of what it was before the mandatory change to the new Fusion Unlimited plan.

Alex

Highlighted

alexkethel

It's now 8.20 AM and I am now peaking at 2.9mbs where before the forced change to the Unlimited Fusion Plan i was previously peaking at 8.1mbs this time of day. I used to even peak as high as 12megabytes sec with You Tube. Given that I rarely used the full 250 +250GB of the previous plan ,

this change is unwanted and I feel that Optus has shafted me by downgrading to 3rd world levels compared with what I had previously. I am forced to DL during school hours and weekdays because the DL speeds often drop to below 500kilobits after school hours and on weekends due to congestion.

I have been an Optus customer for well over 10 years , but given the recent inability to contact Support, plus a severe downgrading of my DL speeds, I will be forced to reconsider whether to stay with Optus or not when I relocate later this year or early next year.

Alex 

[ Edited ]
Nghi

Hey Alex, apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Can you just confirm what's happened during your plan change? Was your old one discontinued and then the plan you were moved to didn't have the premium speedpack included? Whereas your original plan did have it? On a separate note, if you're only having slows during peak periods like evening/weekends then the premium speedpack would not alleviate that sorry Smiley Sad I'm happy to look into this further for you. Can you please private message me with the complete situation and I'll see what can be done.

Solution

alexkethel

Hi Nghi
 Thank you for following this issue up for me.
Kind Regards
Alex

Last Result:
Download Speed: 101368 kbps (12671 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 1893 kbps (236.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 10 ms
Jitter: 1 ms
‎6‎/‎06‎/‎2016‎ ‎2‎:‎49‎:‎54‎ ‎PM

Usenet is now currently peaking at 6.44MB/s

Nghi

Great to hear Smiley Happy Glad I could assist.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
82 Kudos
76 Kudos
71 Kudos
40 Kudos
30 Kudos