cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor Anna3948
Occasional Contributor

Broadband not working - DSL light blinking

Hi,

I only connected my service a few days ago, after much hassle. I wasn’t notified that the modem had been delivered and left randomly within my building until days after it had been dropped on, then once it was connected I experienced the same problem that I am today - the WIFI is detectable and should be connected but isn’t working and the DSL light is slowly flashing. 

Having just arrived home at 5:45pm and discovered that there is an expected 45-60 minute wait tof even talk to someone (if they get to me before the centre closes), i’m Not particularly impressed, especially having spent 2+ hours on the line the first time around. Realistically, I don’t have time to be completing this prideas on a regular basis. Consequently, I’m hoping that someone here can give me a more timely answer or resolution based on their experiences. Please help, I have a tonne of assignment research that needs doing and requires internet access! 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Moderator Shauna

Re: Broadband not working - DSL light blinking

Hi @Anna3948 - thanks for getting in touch with us. Sorry for our delay in getting back to you! Have you since been able to get in touch with anyone? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Shauna,

After what is now 6 hours of phone and messaging time tying to resolve the issue, it’s still broken.

Each time I have used chat it has disconnected me even though it was still active, with no reference number or follow up and the phone wait times are ridiculous. I have been asked to complete the same processes each time even though I have explained that the previous tech had tried that, and have been given a lot of different information. 

I would love to be contacted to find an actual fix for the problem, as at this stage I have now had a full week where I have been without access and I don’t have time to keep repeating such a lengthy and ineffective process. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Anna3948,

Just In reference to the first line of your initial post, "I only connected my service a few days ago, after much hassle," - You'd signed up for the service a few days ago or had you plugged your modem in for the first time?

Are you located in a multi-dwelling unit i.e. an apartment complex, block of units with 4 or five single dwellings?

Had a technician been out to connect the service or had we advised that it'd all be done remotely and all you had do was connect the modem?

Send us a PM with your details and we'll look at this one from the back-end. I just want to make sure that we haven't missed any steps along the way. I need your full name, DOB and order reference number. If you have the landline number or username, that'd also be handy. Follow the URL below Smiley Happy

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Shauna, i’m Following this up once again as it still hasn’t been resolved and no one calls back in the time that they say they will. Additionally, now that I have activated the emergency kit and paid, No one is replying to apply the credit to this service as I was promised. I need to be able to work from home and this is ridiculous. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @Anna3948 - Sorry to hear that this has happened. I can see that you've also sent us a private message. I'm responding to that one now. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Once again I am posting here as apparently it’s the only way to get onto anyone. 

Nothing has been fixed, no one calls back when they are supposed to and the only fix I have been provided is temporary and limited in comparison to the service I am actually trying to set up. 

We organised for this connection 3 weeks ago. It was a standard setup and somewhere along the lines you guys believe that something wasn’t switched on properly. It shouldn’t be this difficult to get you to correct your mistake. As a longstanding Optus customer I am appalled at the fact that I rarely get a call back, and never when I am supposed to have, no one has actually come out to help and all i’m left with is increasing loss of faith in a company that i’d Previously considered my go-to. If this continues I will be asking that you disconnect my services (without charge) and I will take them to a company that is  actually willing to provide th service their customers are promised.

Occasional Contributor

Please see above message.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Please see above message as you haven’t followed through. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Shauna

Hi @Anna3948 - I can see Aman has since responded to you. Sorry for the delay in between responses. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors