Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Sutpo-Sutpo
New Contributor
New Contributor

Broadband Sim

Hey everyone. 

I ordered a broadband sim on Sunday night and  also changed my phone plan (existing customer). It was all done online on the website. I was sent a temporary order number and also got to choose which day I would like to get the sim card. I chose the earliest day -Thursday (today). Received nothing and no more emails. It will be pooled so if the new service was activated I could access it from my phone even without the sim. I contacted chat this morning and the rep got me to check my spam folder. Nothing there and so he said I would get an email in 24 - 48 hours. It has been 4 full business days with nothing at all. How long should it take? I've had services connected within an hour before. I don't really want an email in 24 - 48 hours, I want the service connected. 

Thanks in advance for any info or advice.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Broadband Sim

I suspect most of it hinges on getting the SIM. Likely as not it will turn up today (Oz post is much more laid back on hitting delivery schedules these days). Suggest you wait a bit longer.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
TommyB
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Peter is right...this is the sentence to remember: "(Oz post is much more laid back on hitting delivery schedules these days)."

0 Kudos
Aman_B

So sorry on our late reply to your post @Sutpo-Sutpo, we've been a tad busy lately! I hope that since posting you've been able to get in touch with someone to help out with this? If not, please contact our sales support team here →  http://yesopt.us/chat2us to check your delivery. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Sutpo-Sutpo
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Peter. Thanks for your response. Apologies for the slow reply, been busy lately and had trouble logging in around that time.. then I forgot!

I ended up calling Optus the next day (Friday) as it had been 5 business days with nothing happening. The rep I spoke to was great. He processed the orders right away and sorted it all out over the phone. My plan was changed within the hour and he got the sim sent out. It arrived on Monday via courier. They promise 1 - 2 business days delivery and I assume that is because they use couriers lol. I never did find out why the orders had not been processed.

0 Kudos
Sutpo-Sutpo
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Aman

0 Kudos