Searching...
Highlighted

Bridging your NBN Modem/Router.

wf

Thank you for that information, i have some questions:

My connection is via HFC to the NBN Connection box (supplied by NBN) the NBN Connection box is connectet with an ethernet cable to the Sagemcom 3864 Modem/router including a home phone line. I am on a 100/40 plan.

On the speedtest on the 2.4Ghz band i only get 2 to 3mbps 10m away (incl 2single brickwalls) and 10 to 12mbps 1m away from the Modem/Router.

No signal at all in the front bedroom (12m away incl 2single brickwalls and 1 stud wall)

I have had a replacement router delivered but no change to the performance

I want to buy a new router

Q1: Does the new modem/router have to be able to be bridged?

Q1a: are there any other specific requirements for the new router that I need to look out for

Q1b: Is the Google mesh wifi system suitable for my situation (google wifi can't be bridged)

Q2: Can I connect the new Modem/router with a long (7m) ethernet cable approximately 5m away from the Sagemcom?

Q3: Do I need to make any changes to the settings of the Sagemcom?

Q4: could I connect the Fetch box and smart tv directly via ethernet cable to the new router 

If anybody has any answers to the above I would be very appreciative.

Thanks 

wf

Re: Bridging your NBN Modem/Router.

petergdownload

Do you need to home phone line?

Peter Gillespie

Davelew

Hi

I don't know what information you have received but to start have you read this wiki article:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony-Knowledge/Bridging-your-NBN-Modem-Router/ta-p/1...

Your new router modern will have to be bridged because you can only use the Optus Sagemcom for the phone.

I don't see why you shouldn't be able to connect themwith a long Ethernet cable 

I have my fetch box connected to the non Optus router modern and my smart tv connected via wifi.

I have no experience with Google mesh.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

wf

Hi, yes at this stage I like to keep the landline unless there is no other solution

wf

Hi, thanks for that info I will read the article and get back to you

Thanks

RobPergo

Hi @Davelew

I'm trying to bridge my Netgear D6400 to the sagemcom but for some reason it won't connect to the internet. I followed the instructions but obviously I'm doing something wrong. My sagemcom consistently drops out the wifi. Any tips?

[ Edited ]
Davelew

I'm away from home for a few more weeks so can't look at my modem/router settings but have a look at this other thread which may help.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

RobPergo

Ok thanks. Which other thread @Davelew ?

Davelew

Sorry, trying to do 2 things at once and my wife wanting the phone.

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Sagemcom-Gateway-F-ST-3864OP-Bridge-Mode/td-p/1...

RobPergo

Thanks @Davelew not sure how but all of a sudden it started working. But I’ll take that. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
74 Kudos
50 Kudos
40 Kudos
30 Kudos
16 Kudos