Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
JBax
New Contributor
New Contributor

Bounced Emails From All optusnet.com.au Recipients

Can someone please help me.

When I send emails from my email address john.baxter@baxterservices.com.au I receive the following bounces from all recipients which use the domain optusnet.com.au. I do not receive bounces from anyone else who I send emails to. My domain name is maintained by Dyn and is current. What is going on here? Optusnet seems to have 'black-listed' my email address!!

Thanks

Mail Delivery System <Mailer-Daemon@cp462.ezyreg.com>

to john.baxter

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

xxxxxxxx@optusnet.com.au
    host extmail.optusnet.com.au [211.29.133.14]
    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<xxxxxxxxx@optusnet.com.au>:
    521 5.7.1 <xxxxxxxxx@optusnet.com.au>: Recipient address rejected:
    You are not allowed to send mail. Please see http://csi.cloudmark.com/reset-request/?ip=27.121.67.62 if you feel this is in error.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jeneral__Pain
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Bounced Emails From All optusnet.com.au Recipients

Optus aren't blocking your email specifically, they are rejecting email from your host because it has a poor reputation for spam. Looking at the details behind the IP 27.121.67.62 is owned by NetRegistry and/or Web Central. So because your email host has a poor rep, Optus is blocking the entire service. 

Please refer this matter to your email provider and ask them to review why their server has such a poor rep for spam.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.