cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Bizarre consistent micro dropouts? (mobile broadband)

For the past week or so I've been experiencing what I like to call "micro dropouts" at least once a day. There is no outward indicator on the router itself, but my network inexplicably shuts down across all connected devices for a period of anywhere between 10 and 30 seconds before reconnecting. As far as I'm aware, it is only my broadband signal that crashes, as my mobile data has yet to be affected by this.

For specs I'm working with, I have:

• Huawei B525s-65a router
  • Mobile broadband SIM
  • Two consistent connected devices (phone and laptop, which are in extremely close proximity)

My router recently forcefully updated itself so maybe that's got something to do with it? Though I really hope such an effect was not intended if that's the case...

The dropouts are definitely more an annoyance than anything, especially when I have to on/off the router to fix them, but mostly manageable. Though I guess "manageable" is a relative term when it comes to Optus coverage.

I just find it strange that the router itself would give zero indication of these dropouts, given that it's never been coy about dropout indication in the past.

Anyone going through similar lately?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Bizarre consistent micro dropouts? (mobile broadband)

Hi @HaresPlague,

Thanks for raising this with us here, it's definitely strange that your wireless broadband service keeps cutting out during the day. 

Have you had a chance to try performing a factory default settings restoral?

If no, I would suggest doing so using the steps listed in our Device Guide to see if this would resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, we recommend messaging our Technical Support teams via the My Optus app for further assistance.

Keep us posted on how you go.