cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor julianlhe
New Contributor

Billing - billed even after account was terminated

hooray for crowd-sourced support. (sarcasm)

ok crowdsters, solve this. 

i've terminated my optus broadband but was billed for my broadband. 

anybody kind enough to solve this mystery? 

many thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Billing - billed even after account was terminated

When you say "terminated", you called up and asked them to cancel your service?

When you look at your bill, was it issued within 72-96 hours (3-4 days) of you canceling your service?

Yes> This means the billing system hasn't fully updated with the cancellation as your request was done in the billing finalisation period. You will find this occurs on your next bill when it gets credited right back to the cancellation date.

No> Then its possible the cancellation hasn't gone through properly, chat or call Optus to get them to investigate what exactly has occurred.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
New Contributor julianlhe
New Contributor

I terminated more than a week before the billing cycle.

the problem is that I’m super time-poor and Getting through to Optus is a nightmare.

there was once I was passed around like a rugby ball (7times) to get my query resolved!

if someone on Optus end can resolve this amicably on this forum; that would be perfect.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

We don't have visibility of your account here.

What does the bill specifyy the charge is for? Just a charge for the plan post the date the service was cancelled? If so, as Jeneral__Pain suggested it may not have been cancelled properly.  This is not something that we can assist with here on the forum.

Have you looked for other possible charges, e.g. late payment fee.  
If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details. The team is 24/7.
If not, please chat with us.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Yeah so it was close to the bill date, I would wait your next invoice as it will likely credit back everything you are concerned about.

otherwise, chat or call.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors