Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Been a loyal customer for 12 years but I've had enough...

I can't do this anymore. I have been ordering an upgraded cable broadband plan every month for months on end but it never happens. I get passed around on endless phone calls and chats, but receieve only empty promises, assurances, and then half way through my billing period I get restricted due to exceeding the limit on this old plan that no longer meets my needs.

Telstra were bad when I used them 15 odd years ago but Optus have reached a new low with nonexistant service. They are the shell of the company they once were.

Tags (1)
3 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Been a loyal customer for 12 years but I've had enough...

Erm.. If NBN is in your area, you won't be able to move to anything except NBN, and if you find out that NBN mucks you around more, you won't be able to move back to cable. You may find that someone tells you that you can move to cable on their system, and then won't deliver it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN is coming next year apparently, but I'm not asking for or need any new infrastructure, just a plan (limit) upgrade for which I'm happy to pay extra. I imagine that this equates to at the most; a configuration change in a computer system, something that could be done by someone with competence in a matter of minutes or seconds. Surely, one of the morons at Optus could manage it given one month?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I'm surprised there isn't an upgrade button somewhere in your account.

I wonder if you can ring around and find a real Optus store. Half of them are poorly paid franchises.

0 Kudos